Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No like/dislike button on artist radio, is this normal?

No like/dislike button on artist radio, is this normal?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

According to (https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/spotify-radio/) there should be a like/dislike button when listening through a radio station. I am listening to an artist radio station but I do not see like/dislike button (see attached screenshot). Are these buttons supposed to be here or am I not understanding when these buttons are present? If they are not supposed to be here, are there plans to implement like/dislike across the platform? I don't see why I wouldn't be able to say I don't like a song in one instance and not another. Thanks.

Screenshot_20181203-152807_Spotify.jpg
14 Replies

Bump

Bump

Bump.  Premium User on iOS.  Don't see like or dislike either.

Same here, few days the option appear and disapear, apparently spotify try new fonctionality, but now radio only redirect to simple playlist without like/dislike or automatic new songs. This is really bad but this come from tech support directly. I hope they will review this asap, it's really a must have feature.

Bump. Surely the functionality can be maintained...

I have the exact same problem as a premium user in Sweden. Same on both Android 7 tablet and Android 9 phone.

The radio feature with like and dislike function to improve the radio is my absolute main type of using Spotify since many years. And now it's gone. The radio features are now useless as they are only playlists and I cannot improve them by disliking songs/artists. 

Has to be fixed or I'll need to cancel my account.

Bump this one up for sure.

This is the usual Sh*tify response to customer feedback i.e. completely ignore it. 

I have repeatedly tried to find a viable alternative to Sh*tify and have been unable to do so.  If I could find a viable alternative, those muppits at Sh*itify wouldn't be getting £9.99/month from me for much longer.

I'm with Rkoo, spotify radio with like and dislike buttons were the unique feature that was motivating me to continue in spotify, don't know who in the design team though that it was a good idea to remove them.

Discover-curated-playlists have not enough quality to rely on them.

Found a workaround! (I guess)

What worked for me was to skip to the very last song in this pseudo-playlist, disable shuffle and repeat, and then hit next. Took a while to load, but then a new song appeared, it said on the top "playing from song radio" and the like/dislike buttons were back.

Nice discovering, it should be by default but thanks!

confirm that, what sense does this "Liked from radio"-playlist has, when I cannot like from radio....

This worked for me. After disabling shuffle buttons are back. Thanks.

This worked, annoying to need a workaround to get basic functions back, hope Spotify fixes this very soon.

Suggested posts