Country

UK

Device

OP5T

Operating System

Android 10

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

No sound when connecting wired headphone while Spotify plays song (progress bar shows that song is playing.)

At the same time, there's sound from other applications, so rule out headset issue.

It's very intermittent issue. Sometimes I have sound sometimes not. All optimisations were switched off. Application re-installed dozen of time with complete cache/data clean. Nothing helped. 

P.S.

I noticed it started to happen after upgrade to Android 10. 

P.P.S.

I'm ready to troubleshoot issue with ADB, if someone knows what to look in output.

5 Replies

Hey @romado77

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

If a clean reinstall didn't help you resolve the issue it's also a good idea to try logging in to a different Spotify account on your device and check if this could be account-related. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next.

In case you experience this across multiple Spotify accounts, try logging in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Ivan,

It's not a problem with account, because when unplug headphones, music
plays fine. IMHO, it something with Spotify app, which doesn't correctly
work with audio output when headphones plugged.
As I mentioned I'm ready to troubleshoot it on low level if someone can
guide which logs needs to be collected.

Hey @romado77

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We need you to try the steps we provided earlier so that we can better understand what you experience on your end. The best way to go here is by first indicating if the issue might be related to your account, the particular device or its setup. 

Let us know how it goes once you've tried the steps we provided and we'll be able to assist further. 

We'll look out for your reply.

Ivan,

I frankly can't see how it could be related to account. Problem is simple,
jack is plugged no music, jack unplugged and voila music is here. Progress
bar shows that music plays when jack is connected.

Hey @romado77

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

In such a case it'd be also good to double-check if it works as expected when you use another set of headphones. Make sure you also try how it goes when you use the same headphones with Spotify, but on a different device. 

So far we can confirm that we haven't seen other users posting about this issue across the Community. It's possible that what you experience is an issue specifically between Spotify, the OS of the device and the headphones. Once you've tried the steps above we'll be able to narrow this down and find out exactly where the issue could originate from.  

Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts