Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No storage area found

No storage area found

I can only listen to about one song and then spotify quits and tells me no storage area found. I have ample storage on both my sd card and internal storage. I've tried everything on the Web with no avail.
6 Replies

Have you been using Spotify before, and this is a new problem? (Ie it was functioning correctly, but now you have this problem)

Or are you a new customer?

I've been using spotify for about 3 months now and it just started doing this about a week ago.

Does this happen when you listen online (streaming) or only to downloaded music?

Did you change anything a week ago? Perhaps the latest update to the app (came out on the 15th February, I think).

If you are using Android 6 Marshmallow and an SD card, make sure that you authorise the app to read it (Settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions > Storage).

Sometimes (especially with updates) the update messes up alink to stored music. And the only way is to uninstall and resinstall the app.

This happens to me too and I cannot find a solution! Spotify will not respond to my email either. It works fine if I restart my phone and immediately open Spotify, but once closed will tell me 'no storage area found' only to restart my phone and try again. I have deleted, re installed, updated, clear data and cache. Nothing works, I'm at my wits end with it!

All my son's that I had downloaded got erased when I coated the cache and data. So it happens basically for whatever I do. When I open spotify I have usually around 10 minutes before it quits and says "no storage area found" then I have to clear cache and data. Restart my device and sign back in to spotify where the process restarts. It did seem to start happening around the time of the last spotify update. I have a galaxy s5 with lollipop on it.

Songs not sons

Suggested posts