Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium, Spotify doesn't use SD card for storage

Hello, In one of the last updates, Spotify stopped using my external SD card (I specifically bought 64GB for Spotify).I followed the instructions (uninstalled app, restarted phone, installed app). But still the playlists are sync'ed to internal stora...

• Hello,   In one of the last updates, Spotify stopped using my external SD card (I specifically bought 64GB for Spotify). I followed the instructions (uninstalled app, restarted phone, install...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

MOTO G THIRD-GENERATION

I am considering upgrading to Spotify Premium, but I do not think it is feasible due to memory constraints on my Motorola Moto G (Third Generation). It has 8 GB of internal memory and 32 GB of SD memory. I am aware that in order to use Spotify in 'of...

• I am considering upgrading to Spotify Premium, but I do not think it is feasible due to memory constraints on my Motorola Moto G (Third Generation). It has 8 GB of internal memory and 32 GB of SD mem...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing upon opening

After updating my phone Spotify crashes after the login screen. It will get to the "running" screen and then close by itself rather than crashing. Was wondering if anyone could help

• After updating my phone Spotify crashes after the login screen. It will get to the "running" screen and then close by itself rather than crashing. Was wondering if anyone could help
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ChromeCast not Appearing in App

Hey, so my Chromecast (first gen) just updated as did my Spotify app on my Moto G (third gen) running Lollipop. From what I can see I should have the ability now to cast what's playing in Spotify but nothing is appearing in the device list within the...

• Visitor
  • Hey, so my Chromecast (first gen) just updated as did my Spotify app on my Moto G (third gen) running Lollipop. From what I can see I should have the ability now to cast what's playing in Spotify but...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant Download Local Files in my Playlist. Andriod (Prem) (Waiting to download)

So pretty much I add local files to my spotify on my computer, and it just says waiting to download and it just wont even download any songs in those playlists. I just downloaded all my music over after I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. So, I...

• Visitor
  • So pretty much I add local files to my spotify on my computer, and it just says waiting to download and it just wont even download any songs in those playlists. I just downloaded all my music over af...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login on androids but others ok?

Hi all, I can login fine on the webplayer. BUT the same login isn't working on:- the mac app- android app on Huawei phone- abdroid app on Samsung galaxyFor information, about 2 weeks ago, I could login on everything, havent changed anything. I live i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I can login fine on the webplayer. BUT the same login isn't working on: - the mac app - android app on Huawei phone - abdroid app on Samsung galaxy For information, about 2 wee...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Will there be an option to disable Spotify Connect?

I can't stand Spotify connect, I'll be listening to my music, then it connects to my pc, then I have to switch back to my phone. Then randomly it'll do it again. Its an annoying feature that needs to be changed, I bought the service, I still pay for ...

• I can't stand Spotify connect, I'll be listening to my music, then it connects to my pc, then I have to switch back to my phone. Then randomly it'll do it again. Its an annoying feature that needs to...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify account

I just want to know if i can please recive a refund because i signed up for premium but i cancled right away because it cost too much and it turns out i can not afford it right now

• I just want to know if i can please recive a refund because i signed up for premium but i cancled right away because it cost too much and it turns out i can not afford it right now
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Shuffle Play Algorithm for Xmas

Dear Santa, I know what i want for Xmas.I have 170 or so songs downloaded into a playlist on my Android phone. Same songs play all the time.Santa, what would be REALLY REALLY good is that on shuffle play, it will play songs randomly, but not repeat a...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Santa, I know what i want for Xmas. I have 170 or so songs downloaded into a playlist on my Android phone. Same songs play all the time. Santa, what would be REALLY REALLY good is that on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android Shuffle
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How ordenate the list in alphabetical order

https://support.spotify.com/es/learn-more/guides/#!/article/sorting-and-filtering/?in=searchIt doesn't work

• Visitor
  • https://support.spotify.com/es/learn-more/guides/#!/article/sorting-and-filtering/?in=search It doesn't work 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback is not resumed after a call ends

Since last updates I noticed that if I am listening to Spotify when someone calls me the playback stops as it should but after the call ends the playback is not resumed. Thisis soo annoying please fix the basic functionality.

• Roadie
  • Since last updates I noticed that if I am listening to Spotify when someone calls me the playback stops as it should but after the call ends the playback is not resumed. Thisis soo annoying please fi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

bought a new phone and can't log back in

I bought a new android phone and have Spotify premium and couldn't log in on my new phone TRY to change password several times but wasn't able to the change password screen in my email kept expiringWhat do I do ?

• I bought a new android phone and have Spotify premium and couldn't log in on my new phone TRY to change password several times but wasn't able to the change password screen in my email kept expiring ...
  • smichaelice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect with Philips sw750m

When using either of my android devices (one tablet, one phone) and spotify connect to the Philips SW750M (bargain £40 via amazon btw), the app freezes and won't let me do anything. no touch functions work at all. I either have to wait until android ...

• Casual Listener
  • When using either of my android devices (one tablet, one phone) and spotify connect to the Philips SW750M  (bargain £40 via amazon btw), the app freezes and won't let me do anything. no touch fu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium trial

I was wondering how to get the 7 day free trial, but all that is popping up is the 30 day trial and I have to actually put in my info but that's not what I want. I want to see if I would actually want to pay for it so that's why I need to know how to...

• I was wondering how to get the 7 day free trial, but all that is popping up is the 30 day trial and I have to actually put in my info but that's not what I want. I want to see if I would actually wan...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tablet free mode doesnt select songs

Greetings, I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (which has an 8.4" screen). My problem is that since the latest two upgrades I can't seem to select songs on my tablet and it only let's me play on shuffle mode. Is there any way to fix this?

• Greetings,  I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (which has an 8.4" screen). My problem is that since the latest two upgrades I can't seem to select songs on my tablet and it only let's me play on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Screen blanks while listening

Is there a way to stop the screen from going dark while driving? I would like the screen to stay on if I am charging phone and driving. Thank you!

• Visitor
  • Is there a way to stop the screen from going dark while driving? I would like the screen to stay on if I am charging phone and driving. Thank you!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

stops playing on premium

Samsung galaxy s5Upgraded to premium in the hope the issue of randomly stopping after 15mins would resolve but this hasn't been the case.Very disappointed. Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • Samsung galaxy s5 Upgraded to premium in the hope the issue of randomly stopping after 15mins would resolve but this hasn't been the case. Very disappointed. Please help.
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops Playing

Brief description of the issue: Spotify stops playing randomlySteps to reproduce the issue: Happens at randomWhat steps you’ve tried already: Switching from WiFi to mobile, then back to WiFi restarts play backSamsung Galaxy S5 Android 5.1.1Premium Su...

• Brief description of the issue: Spotify stops playing randomly Steps to reproduce the issue: Happens at random What steps you’ve tried already: Switching from WiFi to mobile, then back to WiFi ...
  • karlab3
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect

Recently the spotify connect on my android phone has not been showing up so i connect it to my windows computer and there are updated to the newest version as well?

• Recently the spotify connect on my android phone has not been showing up so i connect it to my windows computer  and there are updated to the newest version as well?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! App won't open

Hello there, my spotify app will not let me open it. It tells me app not responding and I report it but nothing is being done to be fixed. I don't know if it's my phone or just the app. It was working perfectly fine in the beginning go the year now i...

• Hello there, my spotify app will not let me open it. It tells me app not responding and I report it but nothing is being done to be fixed. I don't know if it's my phone or just the app. It was workin...
  • bubbamoon123
  • 20 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 2 likes