Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shows paid in my account but does not give me premium.

I am a college student and I tried to sign up for a student premium account on, but it wouldn't let me and told me there was an error. So I had a second account that I forgot that used my actual college email so I switched over to that account and tr...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a college student and I tried to sign up for a student premium account on, but it wouldn't let me and told me there was an error. So I had a second account that I forgot that used my actual coll...
  • rhbennett1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Galaxy S6
    Help
    paid
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect randomly stops while browsing on Android Spotify app

Hi! I noticed that when I use Spotify Connect from my Android phone all is fine until I start looking around in the Spotify app, pressing maybe "Browse" or "Radio" menu items to discover new music or find new playlist. Sometimes randomly (the behavio...

• Community Legend
  • Hi! I noticed that when I use Spotify Connect from my Android phone all is fine until I start looking around in the Spotify app, pressing maybe "Browse" or "Radio" menu items to discover new music ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Many many issues on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +, no resolution as of this

Spotify continues playback after I unplug headphones, randomly stops playing causing me to have to go into app and restart the song, playback goes over phone ringing and when I answer calls playback continues over the call deafening whoever is on the...

• Spotify continues playback after I unplug headphones, randomly stops playing causing me to have to go into app and restart the song, playback goes over phone ringing and when I answer calls playback ...
  • steveimp
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify was stopped when I start it

Hello, my problem is that when home spotify is of you have looked for solution and not e able to fix it, restart the phone, delete and uninstall the spotify, delete the cache and data. Doing all that not is that do I start spotify and see me black pl...

• Hello, my problem is that when home spotify is of you have looked for solution and not e able to fix it, restart the phone, delete and uninstall the spotify, delete the cache and data. Doing all that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • se detuvo
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The "close" button does NOT mean stop playing

I go into spotify to start playing, then go to the "close" at the bottom of my phone and the music stops. I go in again, and start, and then "close" and it stops again. 3rd time it finally works. Another thing. Play means play. Stop means Stop. They ...

• Roadie
  • I go into spotify to start playing, then go to the "close" at the bottom of my phone and the music stops.   I go in again, and start, and then "close" and it stops again.   3rd time it ...
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in

I just recently purchased a family plan for Spotify and I can login without an issue to the page and use the webplayer but everytime I try to log in using the app it does not recognize username or email. I tried everything in the FAQS without any res...

• I just recently purchased a family plan for Spotify and I can login without an issue to the page and use the webplayer but everytime I try to log in using the app it does not recognize username or em...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help start spotify automatically

Hi;I have Spotify Premium in my car. I have one device DVD-GPS with Android and i have all my music offline. When start the car I can play automatically the music in the last session? The spotify start but the music is stop, and i have to go my playl...

• Hi; I have Spotify Premium in my car. I have one device DVD-GPS with Android and i have all my music offline. When start the car I can play automatically the music in the last session? The spotify s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Interference on the headset

Hello,I have an LG Nexus 5 with Android 6.1 and when I use Spotify with earphone and active surround option in the equalizer, occurs hiss/noise during the song. This only occurs with the surround option in Spotify. With any headset.If you remove the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have an LG Nexus 5 with Android 6.1 and when I use Spotify with earphone and active surround option in the equalizer, occurs hiss/noise during the song. This only occurs with the surround...
  • HenriqueVieira
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded lists disappear

My downloaded playlists disappear from my Spotify after a couple of days or so. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0 and a memery card containing 128 GB. I save my downloaded Spotify playlists on that SD-card, but they disappear after a while....

• My downloaded playlists disappear from my Spotify after a couple of days or so. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0 and a memery card containing 128 GB. I save my downloaded Spotify playlists...
  • acalvane92
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Are You kidding me?

I loggined in about five minutes ago, and all my downloaded songs were GONE. "Can't play this offline" are u kidding me??? I played them nearly hundreds of time so far, but i can't play them offline now.I'm a premium member.

• I loggined in about five minutes ago, and all my downloaded songs were GONE. "Can't play this offline" are u kidding me??? I played them nearly hundreds of time so far, but i can't play them offline ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music cuts out. Days now FIX?

Music cuts in and out. Every 8 9 seconds. w. T. F.?

• Regular
  • Music cuts in and out. Every 8 9 seconds. w. T. F.?
  • Sly91
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • pissed cab calloway
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with double songs on play back

Came up with this problem few weeks ago: When I start to play a playlist (no matter what it is) it adds the songs twice to the playback. Its a bit annoying when playing with random order. The same problem also appears on my Laptop (windows). Does any...

• Came up with this problem few weeks ago: When I start to play a playlist (no matter what it is) it adds the songs twice to the playback. Its a bit annoying when playing with random order. The same pr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I open the app and closes immediately

I re-installed my Spotify in a Samsung Galaxy S5. When i run the app it seems to open but closes immediately. I re-installed more than and always get the same problem. What should I do?

• I re-installed my Spotify in a Samsung Galaxy S5. When i run the app it seems to open but closes immediately. I re-installed more than and always get the same problem. What should I do?
  • KonstantinSp
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Options click area is too small

At a banquet party recently, our DJ had to leave due to a family emergency so I was left to dj the rest of the night with Spotify. I was happy to do it--Spotify is reliable, and our connection was good. But I always knew how faulty the options button...

• At a banquet party recently, our DJ had to leave due to a family emergency so I was left to dj the rest of the night with Spotify. I was happy to do it--Spotify is reliable, and our connection was go...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify running feature no longer available

I have been using Spotify running on Android for some time now and really like it. But as of yesterday the feature no longer available in the app. Has anyone else noticed this? I have a Spotify Premium subscription. I don't think I have changed anyth...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using Spotify running on Android for some time now and really like it. But as of yesterday the feature no longer available in the app. Has anyone else noticed this?   I have a Spot...
  • luke0322
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading in Offline mode

All the albums which I save are automatically downloaded. Even those which are not set as "Offline" by me. Because of this my internal storage is always full.My device is Samsung Note 3.Thank you

• All the albums which I save are automatically downloaded. Even those which are not set as "Offline" by me. Because of this my internal storage is always full. My device is Samsung Note 3. Thank you
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot login to app on new phone - Thinks I'm registering

I got a new galaxy s6 (previously also had a galaxy s5). I attempted to login with my usual email and password, but I received the error message, "You've already created an account with this email address." I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app,...

• I got a new galaxy s6 (previously also had a galaxy s5). I attempted to login with my usual email and password, but I received the error message, "You've already created an account with this email ad...
  • julianalsantos
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My song pauses itself suddenly

In my galaxy s5 device, songs are suddenly pausing,so what should I do.

• In my galaxy s5 device, songs are suddenly pausing,so what should I do.
  • woodandrew90
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Acount problems please HELP!!

Hello, Yesterday I accidentally registered with spotify on my phone but used a wrong email that looks really similar to mine but belonged to some random person! I then logged out but that was a bad mistake because I can't log back in again! Please HE...

• Hello, Yesterday I accidentally registered with spotify on my phone but used a wrong email that looks really similar to mine but belonged to some random person! I then logged out but that was a bad m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I got the Premium!!

I just got the Premium for 3 months and I cant download any music or listen offline like the offer said I would!!

• Visitor
  • I just got the Premium for 3 months and I cant download any music or listen offline like the offer said I would!!
  • woodandrew90
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes