Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No support for for Ford Sync Applink with Android?

No support for for Ford Sync Applink with Android?

Recently purchased a Galaxy S4.  My old iphone worked great with applink.  Ford says Android devices should work with Spotify, I am finding otherwise.

Sooo...

Applink works with iOS Spotify

Applink does NOT work with Android Spotify

?

15 Replies

What does applink do? What is it?

Are you using applinks app?

A request for this is in ideas. Please add your support there.

Ford has SYNC.  Sync will connect with spotify on iOS, but not Android...

I'm out. I'll come back when these guys can get this working... as if ios users pay more for this app!

Really would love to see this for android. I recently bought a Ford Focus with Sync and Pandora works great but would really like this for Spotify since it is a much better service.

Please bring this to Android!

Just started my trial yesterday. This is a huge no go for me. No company should treat some users as second rate. will cancel before they get a dime from me if this isn't fixed!

I'm still new here, but it seems to me that most new features are rolled out to IOS users first.

Hi,

I'm having constant problems with playback on Spotify with a premium subscription on my iPhone 4 running iOS 7. Here's my scenario.

I was previously a Spotify Premium subscriber, primarily using the app while in my car to stream music on the same phone that then was running iOS 6. Over and over and over again songs would pause multiple times on playback in the first minute or so of a song. I'd get five seconds of a song, then a pause, then another five or ten seconds, then another pause. Often six or seven pauses in the first minute of a song.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify multiple times. The problem would go away for a few days and then inevitably come back like a bad disease, returning to haunt my phone and make my music un-listenable. Finally in despair I ended up having to cancel my premium subscription and move on with my life, with the memory of Spotify's vast library haunting me whole the memory of Spotify's pausing problem reminded me of why I walked away from it.

Finally, facing a long trip tomorrow and showing all the wisdom of a wife going on a date with her abusive husband, I decided to resubscribe to Spotify Premium. To try out the app, I decided to play the app while driving home from work today. And lo and behold, the pausing problem reoccurred, on a different phone and a different cell network.

I had assumed that Spotify fixed this problem but it appears they have not. I feel ripped off, angry and very frustrated. You can blame me for throwing my money away on a service that I should have assumed still didn't work for me, but damnit I like the music Spotify has on it and the price is right. 

Do I just throw up my hands in despair and use a different app or is there finally some sort of way I can actually listen to the music I like on Spotify on my iPhone without this darn pausing problem?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I was extremely dissapointed to discover that Spotify only supports Ford Sync iOS users. As much as I do love spotify, I would just as soon take my premium membership and turn that into mp3s each month and use Amazon's Sync supported cloud player. 

When signing up for the free trial of premium, I too was expecting to use Ford Sync AppLink support for Spotify on my Samsung S4. I thought it was a no brainer because Spotify was Ford's first AppLink App so it would only make sense. However, I was extremely disappointed. I have cancelled my subscription before I got charged and will continue to use Pandora and Amazon Mp3. I was really considering being a customer too, but that feature was a deal breaker.

I'm sure I won't be the only person to cancel because of the lack of this feature.

I have the same problem.  I have a premium subscription:

Problem - In Car, you can hear the music on the mobile phone speaker - offline/downloaded and online.  Connect to my Car bluetooth.  Playback pauses every few seconds.  An occasional work-around is to hit the play button every time it pauses which seems to have an effect on the number of times it continues to pause.

Environment:

Ford S-max (2 years old) - standard in-car radio which came as factory default.

Phone HTC Desire X (3 months old) - Android 4.1.1 (Factory defauilts)

Tried doing:

• spotify re-install
  • offline and online streaming
  • from a playlist only (downloaded or not downloaded)
  • Turning phone on and off
  • Re-bonding telephone to car

ALL FAILED TO MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.

I use spotify alot in the car - this is making spotify usless to me and am now looking at alternative spotify competitors.  This problem is repeatable and consistant but I have no one in spotify support I can turn to!

Yours fustrated

@ashleybill1 - Sounds like you are experiencing a common issue with Spotify on iOS 7. Head over to this bugs topic for more details. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

HI,

Thank you for your response, it is appreciated.  Unfortunately, this is to do with the Android Operating Systsem on an HTC - please re-read my posting - I would certainly be grateful if you had any ideas still,

Ah that is my bad, saw I was in the iOS section and went straight to car issues! 😛 

Just browsing a few similar topics someone suggested:

Update: Was able to stop Spotify pausing all the time in the car by going into my phone's bluetooth settings and setting the car connection to not use the media profile.

Might be worth a shot?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@ashleybill1 Bluetooth streaming to a car audio isn't officially supported on android curretly. I'm moving this into a relevant thread in the android section and you should check out this request in ideas.

Suggested posts