Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not a satisfied customer

Not a satisfied customer

First off, i really like what spotify is doing. It was my first time using a service like this and i immediatly went for the full plan because it stroked me as very good value, still does. If it worked, which it doesn't. Sorry if this sounds harsh, its merely my impression after a couple days using it.

Lets make this really simple and use an example of where it alI fell apart for me:

I like the Dropkick Murphys, like alot. Its my go to comfort music staples, so i wanted a simple playlist of them for christening spotify for me. So i created a empty playlist, put the name of em in the search and startet adding the albums of them i liked(like all of em) ... nah i didn't, because you can't add albums to playlists. You have to do it track by track. I'd like to call it oldschool, but really even in the unix days we atleast had tools to automate stuff like that. That got me thinking, i investigated this service because i want access to a big music database, the idea of having to organize it track bytrack ... does not appeal.

Thats all though, while hunting through settings looking for something to make MY error obvious, i stumbled on the absence of an option ... the use of a external SD card. I have 16 gig tablet, because 64gig on a sd card is plenty for my media. Only it isn't if your using spotify.

Lastly i checked forums, and found posts from april last year which mention these issues among others. Im not a impatient person, but i see no improvement or even awareness of these issues and i feel it would send the wrong signal to pay a monthly sum for this. I sincerly hope this service will become what we all want it to be, but i feel you currently fall short of your goals on this platform, unfortunately your competition does not.

6 Replies

@Sb4711 wrote:
First off, i really like what spotify is doing. It was my first time using a service like this and i immediatly went for the full plan because it stroked me as very good value, still does. If it worked, which it doesn't. Sorry if this sounds harsh, its merely my impression after a couple days using it.

Lets make this really simple and use an example of where it alI fell apart for me:

I like the Dropkick Murphys, like alot. Its my go to comfort music staples, so i wanted a simple playlist of them for christening spotify for me. So i created a empty playlist, put the name of em in the search and startet adding the albums of them i liked(like all of em) ... nah i didn't, because you can't add albums to playlists. You have to do it track by track. I'd like to call it oldschool, but really even in the unix days we atleast had tools to automate stuff like that. That got me thinking, i investigated this service because i want access to a big music database, the idea of having to organize it track bytrack ... does not appeal.

Thats all though, while hunting through settings looking for something to make MY error obvious, i stumbled on the absence of an option ... the use of a external SD card. I have 16 gig tablet, because 64gig on a sd card is plenty for my media. Only it isn't if your using spotify.

Lastly i checked forums, and found posts from april last year which mention these issues among others. Im not a impatient person, but i see no improvement or even awareness of these issues and i feel it would send the wrong signal to pay a monthly sum for this. I sincerly hope this service will become what we all want it to be, but i feel you currently fall short of your goals on this platform, unfortunately your competition does not.

You can add albums to playlists. Go to the Artist page, and right-click an album title and select add to, and then select the playlist 🙂

How do you rightclick on a tablet? This is referring to the android version if it helps, and the options on a album only allow making a new playlist from it. And since you can't combine playlists either thats basicly just making a bookmark of an album.

@Sb4711 wrote:
How do you rightclick on a tablet? This is referring to the android version if it helps, and the options on a album only allow making a new playlist from it. And since you can't combine playlists either thats basicly just making a bookmark of an album.

Oh, sorry. I meant to say You can add albums to a playlist on the desktop client. 

(Technically, you could right click if you connected a hardware mouse, but it would suffice as a long press ;))

Incidentally, what tablet do you have? 

I have always liked the Android app - I use it on my S2 and Nexus 7, and have never had any issues with it (apart from resetting if the ANDROID_ID is changed).

I have the galaxy note 10.1. I think the option simply isn't in the android client, regardless of my ability to perform rightclicks. And don't get me wrong, i like the client aswell, its just unusable to me the way it is. I need to be able to create and modify playlists, and not having to do it track by track would be swell. The way i see it quickly throwing together 3 albums for a jogging playlist or somethimg is a major nightmare.

And yes apparently the desktop version can do just that, which isn't helping me any ... hell if i could log into some webinterface and create my playlists there that would atleast be a workaround, but thats not possible either.

@Sb4711 wrote:
I have the galaxy note 10.1. I think the option simply isn't in the android client, regardless of my ability to perform rightclicks. And don't get me wrong, i like the client aswell, its just unusable to me the way it is. I need to be able to create and modify playlists, and not having to do it track by track would be swell. The way i see it quickly throwing together 3 albums for a jogging playlist or somethimg is a major nightmare.

And yes apparently the desktop version can do just that, which isn't helping me any ... hell if i could log into some webinterface and create my playlists there that would atleast be a workaround, but thats not possible either.

There is a web player, but I don't think it supports this - I don't even know if it run will on android devices.

Which is why i decided to post on forums instead of just quitting silently, i feel these issues limit the usage of the android version severely, and there is no apparent workaround on this platform. I feel that if im paying more than a pc user, i may as well expect similar functions. Usage of SD cards and playlist management are basics to me, if you lack in the basics i won't care about the advanced bells and whistles.

Suggested posts