Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not all tracks syncing to device

Solved!

Not all tracks syncing to device

Hi not sure if this has been sorted elsewhere ( I check and couldn't find a solution ) but here is my problem;

I am a premium member using Samsung Galaxy S3 with Jellybean 4.1. My issue concerns "downloaded" playlists, where some (about 10%) of the songs won't "download". They remain greyed out on my device yet they are all LOCAL files on my computer. Most of the tracks I sync are local files, so this is really confusing as to why it's not syncing some but syncing most....

Has anyone heard of this problem before and if so do they know a solution??

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi all,

Not sure how or when exactly, but this issue seems to be fixed, at least for my issue (not sure about everyone elses that have posted here since!)

I think (and again, not sure) the problem was I was syncing too many playlists/songs at once and where I thought it had finished syncing, it actually hadn't.  Occasionally the "downloading..." message would disappear making me think that it had finished when it actually was still going. Maybe a small issue with the Android app.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Are the songs normal MP3 without DRM or such?

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I am having the EXACT same issue! It is SO annoying. I have checked the tracks, the ones which aren't syncing/downloading are mp3 files, which I extracted from a youtube video via a program. They play fine on Spotify on my PC but my phone will not recognize them.

I am having the same issue. I canot get even local files to sync to my phone. I had the 48 hour trial, then yesterday signed up for the premium trial. Uninstalled/re-installed spotiofy on both phone and PC multiple times, my pc account will play them but will not sync them. I am going to be cancelling in a couple days if this issue doesn't get resolved because I won't pay for a half-functioning product.

Has this been figured out? It's not worth it to me if I can't also have all my local tracks sync.

I'm having the same problem. 

music i have downloaded from iTunes won't sync to my phone. it shows up, but won't play. The funny thing is, I have youtube-ripped mp3s that I can import, but not legally downloaded tunes. 

i'm about a day away from cancelling the service and taking my little $9.99 bucks somewhere else. 

Hi All

I just sorted this out on my phone. First connect phone and PC to the same wi-fi router, then see if your phone appears automatically in your Spotify (PC), if not, go to Control Panel/Windows firewall, and configure your Spotify and Spotify.exe as exceptions. Restart your Spotify (PC) and disconect your phone from the Wi-fi, start your Spotify (PC) and conect your phone to the WI-FI, now your phone should appear in your Spotify (PC). If you still have problems you may have to open some port on your Router.

Marked as solution

Hi all,

Not sure how or when exactly, but this issue seems to be fixed, at least for my issue (not sure about everyone elses that have posted here since!)

I think (and again, not sure) the problem was I was syncing too many playlists/songs at once and where I thought it had finished syncing, it actually hadn't.  Occasionally the "downloading..." message would disappear making me think that it had finished when it actually was still going. Maybe a small issue with the Android app.

Suggested posts