Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not possible to add songs to queue on Chromecast streaming

Not possible to add songs to queue on Chromecast streaming

Hi there,

since two days I am Not able to add songs to queue when streaming on Chromecast (no matter which of the chromecasts).

My girlfriend is still able to do it.

I have an Samsung Galaxy 8 with Android 8. Spotify Version 8.4.66.733 arm V7

She has an galaxy 7 also with android 8.

Spotify Version 8.4.64.555 armV7.

Somebody else with this issui?

Best 

Sam

Top Answer
Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey folks!

Thanks for posting about this. We're sorry to hear that you're having troubles adding songs to the queue while using Spotify Connect.

No worries, we've reported this to our tech folks. 

In the meanwhile, if you're experiencing this, we'd suggest heading here and clicking +VOTE to stay updated on any changes. You can also leave a comment with the requested details there if you wish.

However, if this occurs when you aren't using Connect from your Android device, you can head hereand add your votes instead.

Thanks for bearing with us while we solve this issue 🙂

46 Replies

Same here. Just switched back from apple music to spotify only for the casting option...

Okay, can all of you guys please tell me what firmware version your Chromecast is on? My version seems to be newer than the latest version number that you can find in the Google Support Doc. I recently signed up for beta firmware, so maybe I'm still running beta software now and that might be the reason I'm having this issue. So is anyone elses Chromecast on the beta firmware?

Same problem on Samsung Note 9 Chromecast firmware 1.32.124602.

XAy0: Should've switched to Google Play Music, probably.

@Kappasturm wrote:

Me too. I'm using a Google Pixel 2 and the Windows 10 App. I can't add anything to the queue on both systems while using the chromecast. Same happens while casting to a Google Home Mini.

Same issues, same devices.

I have the same issue too, this is specifically when casting. The queue works when not casting but as soon as I begin casting the queue disappears and I'm unable to add, remove or move a song in the queue .

Please find a fix for this as it's pretty fundamental to using Spotify with casting.

Same here with a Chromecast running the latest firmware and Android 9.0 (Essential Phone). I thought I was going crazy!

Same Problem. Using two Chromecasts on Stable version 1.32.124602 and got the problem after updating to the latest Spotify app (8.4.68.911) from a 4-6 week old version

Using android 8 on OnePlus 3

Yup, Google pixel 2 xl here with all the latest versions and I can't queue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Same issue here with Google Home casting from Samsung Galaxy S7

Same problem on first gen pixel, beta chromecast program.

Same here. Oneplus 3, latest Oxygen OS, latest Spotify, latest stable chromecast FW.

Same problem on Samsung Galaxy S7 to Google home. Evidently this is a bug.

Isn't it just great when some issues get answered by Spotify support in five minutes, and some gather tens of 'me toos', four pages of replies, staying on top of the forum for three weeks already, but yet no comment from Spotify?

Hey folks!

Thanks for posting about this. We're sorry to hear that you're having troubles adding songs to the queue while using Spotify Connect.

No worries, we've reported this to our tech folks. 

In the meanwhile, if you're experiencing this, we'd suggest heading here and clicking +VOTE to stay updated on any changes. You can also leave a comment with the requested details there if you wish.

However, if this occurs when you aren't using Connect from your Android device, you can head hereand add your votes instead.

Thanks for bearing with us while we solve this issue 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Seriously?

It's been over 3 weeks since this bug has been reported by many. Are the tech folks really looking at it?

Spotify is a great app - but stuff like this has me actively looking for some other music app that is more reliable and easy to use.

In case anybody else didn't get the notification, Spotify fixed this - the solution is to uninstall and reinstall (which is a pain, but it worked for me...)

It was fixed with an update, no reinstall necessary.. At least worked for me 😉 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Note 9 + Chromecast audio

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Spotify doesn't work properly with Chromecast from Android.  You can't add songs to the queue.  You can't adjust the volume after about five minutes.  You can't connect to Chromecast after some inactivity.  None of these problems occur with other apps, so it's Spotify's bug.  Please fix it, it's broken.

Yes, finally, the latest update fixed the chromecast problems.

Suggested posts