Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Notification icon badge?

Solved!

Notification icon badge?

I keep getting that icon badge to say I have a notification on the app. How do I view the notification? Why is it popping up? I've never seen a icon badge on Spotify and I've looked every where on the app to try to just view it to get rid of it.

Help

Screenshot_20180326-024845_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's because you have the playback controls in your notifications. Just disable the notification badge for Spotify.

Here's how to do it:

1. Long-press the Spotify playback controls in the notifications

2. Tap 'Details'

3. Turn off 'App icon badges'

Original comment: It's because you have the playback controls in your notifications. Not sure how to disable it for that one...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

It's because you have the playback controls in your notifications. Just disable the notification badge for Spotify.

Here's how to do it:

1. Long-press the Spotify playback controls in the notifications

2. Tap 'Details'

3. Turn off 'App icon badges'

Original comment: It's because you have the playback controls in your notifications. Not sure how to disable it for that one...

I had the same issue. Found toggle in settings-->apps->spotify->app settings section, notifications. Flip off app icon badges. 

Hope that helps

That's true, but if you disable it that way, you won't see the badge for other notifications you might get from Spotify.

I'm not sure if it's a Spotify or Android issue, but Google Play Music does not have this issue. 

What are the notifications from Spotify do you expect?

Never mind, they used to send notifications for new releases but they stopped doing it. I guess it's fine to disable the notification badge then. 

Yeah I was going to say that they use to send me notifications when I band I followed released new tracks, but usually the notification badge would go away as soon as I opened the app.

That guy was right though, it's just the play back features in the notifcation bar that are causing the badge to show up. Why they would do that?

I don't know, but it drives me nuts.

Hello ! 

I had the same problem on my phone. I just went to my settings and turned off notifications for the playback.

Screenshot_20180516-112355_Settings.jpg

Suggested posts