Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Notification keeps showing up even after clearing it when I'm not currently playing anything

Notification keeps showing up even after clearing it when I'm not currently playing anything

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

OnePlus Nord CE 2

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

I'm seeing this issue where, once I pause/stop listening to anything on the app and clear the notification from the notification drawer, it keeps coming back

The only way to fully stop it from coming back is to kill the app.

Ideally, once I stop using the app and clear the notification, it shouldn't come back.

Attached a screen recording of the problem. Could only show so much due to the 5MB restriction on files.

1 Reply

Hey @Rohan5,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

This type of issue you're mentioning is usually related to some damaged cache stored on your device that may affect the proper behavior of the app. In this case, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article to see if it makes any difference.

If the issue persists after this, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case and help you further.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts