Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Notification won't go away

Notification won't go away

I can't remove this notification. When I open the app, there are no notifications to be found, so I don't know what it's an indicator of. There's nothing in the status bar, only this icon on the app.

Screenshot_20180313-143822_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
6 Replies

I have the same problem, with most apps you can press and hold the icon on your phone's home screen and clear the notifications, but there is no option for that with spotify. For someone with ocd, this is very frustrating : /

I'm having the same issue, and it's driving me crazy that I can't clear it out. 

The first way that you can remove the badge is to check everything in your Spotify app. If possible, check all the things in the Menu until the last part. An update may be there. Then exit out from the app to re-check the badge.

If it's still there, since you've already reinstalled the app, please try restarting your device. There are times that the device takes time to sync up with the apps, causing a delay in the removal of the notification badge. Especially if you recently updated your phone's OS.

Restarting the phone refreshes all functions of the device including the apps.

If it still doesn't work, you can check the notification settings on your device:

1. Tap on Settings.
  2. Tap Notifications.
  3. Advanced Notifications.
  4. Scroll to Spotify.
  5. Make sure that the option Allow Icon Badges is grayed out.
Screenshot_20180403-011753_Settings.jpg

What I noticed is that the "1" will pop up when you are playing music. It means there is a sort of notification. In the notification bar on your phone is the mini menu to skip tracks and pause. Found this when I long pressed the Spotify icon. 

Screenshot_20180505-103552_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Settings>notifications>Spotify>playback>turn off "app icon badges" 

Screenshot_20180517-235435_Settings.jpg

What model of android?  Hard press and clear,  restart your phone or follow options above

Suggested posts