Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Notifications are silenced while listening

Notifications are silenced while listening

Hey folks,

I've noticed in the last 3 months that while listening in Spotify when connected to a Bluetooth speaker system, that I can't hear my notifications.
If I get a txt message while playing music, the only thing is the music drops volume for half a second, but no notification sound.
This never used to be the case.
Before that, the music would drop in volume while the notification played it's sound, then the music would resume normal volume.
This was ideal, and I was hoping that things would go back to this, but it never changed back.

I'm a firefighter on call 24/7, and my only way of receiving alerts to attend fires & accidents is via a very loud txt SMS message. I've missed about 2 fire calls due to listeing to Spotify and my alarm has been silenced.
Now I keep my phone closer, so I can check the screen whenever the muting sound occurs.

Would be nice to have an option in the App to choose not to mute notifications.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900iDVU1CPC1)

Android 6.0.1
Spotify version 7.2.0.1250 armV7

4 Replies

I have a very similar if not the same issue. The only difference is that I don't think mine even lowers the volume. Tech support has been useless and the lack of replies on this post makes me think they are ignoring the issue hoping we shut up and put up with it.
I guess Spotify hates money because I'm cancelling over this if it's not sorted out by the end of the week.

I'm the opposite. I want to be able to all Spotify to not turn the volume down for half a second. I too can't seem to find an option to toggle or change this...

Me too, did you get solution?

I have the same problem.  😓

Suggested posts