Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Now Playing display on Bluetooth

Now Playing display on Bluetooth

I've noticed a few posts about this "Car Mode" display that is happening under bluetooth. Theres no way there isnt a fix, I'm connected to a Mpow bluetooth adapter and that's hooked to my radio in a machine shop. I cant adjust the position of the song and have a now playing screen from the 90s. Is there a revert or are you going to enable this in a smart manner?

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8+

Screenshot_20180718-111932_Spotify.jpg
5 Replies

Hey @Cotto45, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

At Spotify, we're often testing possible improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period. 

Things we might test could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for us to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

It's a security measure while driving 🙂

Have a nice day 🙂

How long is this "Test" period. As I'm not even driving and affected by this.

Please get rid of this. Listening on any bluetooth makes it impossible to see any of the next tracks, and I can't jump into a song if it's got a long start, or if I'm trying to find new music to listen to.

I appreciate you guys trying to make it safer for driving, but this is just ridiculous. 

Hey @Delzium,

Try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here. It's possible that the interface is stuck like that whenever you connect it with any bluetooth device.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

After leaving the gym I like to sit in my car and find new music over my car stereo. Often times I will skip into the song to get past the intro. This new mode has taken this ability away. I did find that I can swipe to the next song by being in the album view and swiping on the current song at the bottom. I really want the old track view back with artwork and so I can advance into the song. 

Suggested posts