Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Occasionally, songs end too early

Solved!

Occasionally, songs end too early

Hi everyone,

I'm using Spotify on my Oneplus X (Android 5.1.1, Oxygen OS 2.1.3). When I'm listening to songs offline, and without WiFi, I occasionally experience songs ending too early, skipping to the next one before they have ended (mostly, the last couple of seconds are cut off).

What's more, it does not happen consistently. The skipped portion is not equally long every song, and sometimes it does not occur at all. 

When I prepared a playlist for offline playback, I let it download completely, until the icon turns green. I notice that, overnight, mostly this icon turns grey again (it seems to "lose" about 10 songs, which will be not be available offline anymore).

Could this be a bug? I'm just curious how this could be solved. One thing that would come to mind is the crossfade failing, but when I look it up, I have this option disabled (no crossfade).

Thanks!

Jeroen

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

No worries, we'll help out with this.

Does restarting your device - including removing the battery for 30 seconds if possible - help at all?

Keep us posted.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

No worries, we'll help out with this.

Does restarting your device - including removing the battery for 30 seconds if possible - help at all?

Keep us posted.

Thanks, I'll try it out. Frankly, this problem did not occur so often anymore since I posted this message, however, it did happen before about a few months ago. From the songs I can remember that they were cut off, the did not seem to cut off when I played them right now. Neither after restarting.

I'll see if it happens again, and if it does, I'll try to see how it can be replicated. I can't remove the battery, as it is built-in, but I'll try restarting.. 😉

Bear with me, this is probably very vague. But the problem does not show any patterns yet either. I'll keep you posted.

No worries!

Thanks for taking the time to report this, and let us know if/when it happens again.

We'll make sure you're able to enjoy your tunes to the fullest. 

I thought I'd give you a little update. I restarted my phone a couple of times through the course of usage, re-downloaded the offline playlists. For now, the problem seems to be over. Maybe it was a download inconsistency or something like that. But now, the songs are playing to their full lengths again. 

Thanks!

Suggested posts