Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Mode - Cached Songs - Randomization Bug

Offline Mode - Cached Songs - Randomization Bug

Hi Spotify members and who it concerns, There is a randomization bug. Before you chalk it off as, -Human minds are not good at understanding randomization -Spotify's randomization is purposely not random to make us feel it's more random -I may have duplicate songs raising the odds of hearing similar songs over again -I'm probably just an uneducated person who doesn't know what they are talking about There is a bug with randomization and it has something to do with offline mode and the way songs are cached. I have had spotify for over a year and I listened almost exclusively on my note 5. I have to ride 5 miles to work every day and of course I use spotify to keep me entertained along the way. With a playlist of almost a thousand songs, I was hearing an eerily similar set of songs on a routine basis. It got to the point where I've started unsaving my favorite songs because I just got tired of hearing them so often. I can recall songs where I have heard maybe 40-50 times over the course of the year. Then what absolutely convinced me there was a bug, I went to a concert, and **bleep**ing destroyed my phone. I mean this thing got absolutely smashed to **bleep** and danced on. So I got a new phone, the galaxy s7. Did the regular routine, installed spotify, and downloaded all my songs. What amazed me, Songs I have had for over a year, songs I forgot I have even added, started playing. "First of the year" from Skrillex, holy **bleep**... I had this song. Some Breaking Benjamin songs, I forgot I even downloaded that artist. I was so used to hearing the same Slipknot song over and over and over and over again or the same Serj Tankian songs over and over and over and over again that I forgot other music had existed. I took a look down my list and realized that there were maybe 20-30% of the songs that I have yet to hear and then I can recognize a good 20-30% of songs that I have heard at least 30+ times over the course of the year. Please look into randomization, cached offline lists, large song play lists. I am almost certain there is an oversight here.
0 Replies

Suggested posts