Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode malfunction

Offline mode malfunction

I have an S4 and I am paying for premium.

Spotify offline mode is not working. The following iterations keeps happenning:

-Install spotify

-Download the playlists

-Eventually close spotify

-Re-open the app, at this point Spotify starts resyncing some songs and if I try to use the offline mode it no longer works. The songs move in the ticker but there is no volume

-Close Spotify and try to reopen. The app says that I have no SD card installed and the my OS tells me the SD card is corrupt

-Unistall the app

This has already happened 5 times. Another pain, if I don't have internet I can't even access offline songs as Spotify won't allow me to have access to my library unless I login.

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you have any cache cleaning apps or anything running? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No I have not installed any cache cleaning app.

Would that help?

@Peter wrote:

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you have any cache cleaning apps or anything running? 

Peter

Cache cleaning apps can be bad news with spotify so best avoided 🙂 It seems strange that spotify hates your external SD card so much. Have you tried removing spotify then reformatting the card with your phone before reinstalling? Do you have another card you could pop in to see if that works in case your first card is faulty?

I am having similar problems (http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Is-Spotify-corrupting-my-SD-card/m-p/433692).

Galaxy S4, two different cards (SanDisk & Samsung), only spotify using the card, regular "your SD card is corrupt" errors.

I have thesame problem... at first i thought it was my galaxy s4, but then my girlfriend received thesame message. This is really annoying. Please, any feedback would be appreciated.

I just tried and it still doesn't work.

What is more annoying is that this SD card and Spotify worked perfectly fine on a very cheap Android phone I used to have before upgrading to the S4.

I just experienced a similar problem on my Galaxy S4. Spotify was using a lot of data in the background after I downloaded two playlists for offline use and soon thereafter I received the 'SD card damaged...' message after restarting my phone. Additionally, I noticed Spotify would automatically start when I turned on the phone. I tried to read the SD on my laptop but it also said the card was corrupted.

After some serious searching, I found a fix to the problem and can say I believe Spotify is the culprit.

On XDA Developers Forum, mr_deimos posted the following solution:

You can attempt to fix it using the desktop windows' built-in chkdsk utility.
Open up command prompt (start->run->cmd.exe or search for Command in 😎 and type
chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>
My SD card reader is X:\ drive, so i would use the following command:
chkdsk /X /F X:

As the command was running, it appeared all of the repairs being made were related to Android/Spotify (...sorry for my lack of terminology).

When it was finished, my SD was in the same shape with the same files as before it was corrupted.

Hope this helps somebody and also help Spotify fix this bug!

Suggested posts