Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode on Android phone

Solved!

Offline mode on Android phone

Hi!  Can anyone confirm something for me please?  I have just bought an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S5), but my contract is for limited data (3GB).  If I make a Spotify playlist as "Available Offline", will my phone still eat into my data allowance when I listen to that playlist?  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Not when you play it offline. just turn off your data connection, and it won't try to play it in online mode. 🙂
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@HR27

Yes that is correct. If you download the playlists for offline use using the available offline toggle and then turn on offline mode then it should not use your data.

If you wish to do something in the app that requires a data connection you can easily turn offline mode off.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Not when you play it offline. just turn off your data connection, and it won't try to play it in online mode. 🙂
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

*If you don't turn off data connection, it will try to play it in online mode, and then it WILL eat into your data.

Thanks Danny.  I've always logged into Spotify via Facebook.  How do I get my actual Spotify username & password?

I can't say I've ever used facebook, much less logged in with it, but I think that you should be able to go log out of spotify, then say reset password, and then you should have your new password when you activate the link in your inbox. I believe that you have to hit spotify.com and log out... but again, I'm not sure. @MattSuda might know... Matt?

Actually you don't have to turn off your data connection.

In the Spotify app settings under playback there is an "offline mode" toggle to turn off data for the app.

If you created your Spotify account using Facebook, you have to login with your Facebook account. You don't have a username, but internally the username is listed as a string of random numbers.

You can also enter your Facebook login email address and password into the login fields to login if you wish.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Oh yes... I forgot about the toggle button. duh!

So my phone's data connection is active, but because of the offline toggle, Spotify won't eat into my data allowance?  Brilliant.  Many thanks to both of you.  You've been a great help.  Have a good one.

Marked as solution

@HR27

Yes that is correct. If you download the playlists for offline use using the available offline toggle and then turn on offline mode then it should not use your data.

If you wish to do something in the app that requires a data connection you can easily turn offline mode off.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Perfect!  Cheers.

Suggested posts