Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline music

Solved!

Offline music

Hello, yesterday I bought Spotify premium. I downloaded my playlist, got the app on offline mode, but for some reason every single time I try to play offline, the "song not available" notification appears. But every time I go online, and disconnect myself again all my music is available for like 10 minutes or something. Maybe I've done something wrong, but I am going in a 10 hour road trip and I NEED my music. Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Josejavierv. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

A 10 hour roadtrip without music is like a 10 hour workday without coffee/tea/breakfast, so let's get your Spotify mobile app working! As @tomasrex suggested, logging out and in again may fix the issue, or a complete reinstall of the mobile app might do the trick.

Here's how to completely reinstall the Spotify Android mobile app:

Reinstall Spotify

Reinstalling gives the app a new lease of life; fixing many common issues you may be experiencing.

Note: Any offline playlists will need to be resynced once reinstalled.

Android

1. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps.
  2. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it. For older Android devices, navigate toSettings > Applications > Manage applications.
  3. Tap Clear Data. If you're using Android 6.0+, tap Storage > Clear Data
  4. Tap Uninstall.
  5. Open Google Play then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

If this doesn't work for you, please let us know what Android device you have by copying and pasting the template below, replacing the sample info with your own. I can then rope in another Rock Star Community Member who is more knowledgeable with your particular issue.

Manufacturer & Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900W8)

Android Version: 4.4.2 KitKat

This information can be found in Settings > General > About on a Samsung device, but should be similar if you have another brand.

If reinstalling the Spotify mobile app does solve your issue, then please press the "Accept as Solution" button for this post, and enjoy one of my favorite roadtrip playlists below.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Josejavierv. Have you tried logging out and then back in again?

If that doesn't do the trick, maybe you can try to reinstall the app?

-----------------------------
Tomas

I'm not a Spotify employee
Last.fm
Marked as solution

Hello @Josejavierv. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

A 10 hour roadtrip without music is like a 10 hour workday without coffee/tea/breakfast, so let's get your Spotify mobile app working! As @tomasrex suggested, logging out and in again may fix the issue, or a complete reinstall of the mobile app might do the trick.

Here's how to completely reinstall the Spotify Android mobile app:

Reinstall Spotify

Reinstalling gives the app a new lease of life; fixing many common issues you may be experiencing.

Note: Any offline playlists will need to be resynced once reinstalled.

Android

1. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps.
  2. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it. For older Android devices, navigate toSettings > Applications > Manage applications.
  3. Tap Clear Data. If you're using Android 6.0+, tap Storage > Clear Data
  4. Tap Uninstall.
  5. Open Google Play then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

If this doesn't work for you, please let us know what Android device you have by copying and pasting the template below, replacing the sample info with your own. I can then rope in another Rock Star Community Member who is more knowledgeable with your particular issue.

Manufacturer & Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900W8)

Android Version: 4.4.2 KitKat

This information can be found in Settings > General > About on a Samsung device, but should be similar if you have another brand.

If reinstalling the Spotify mobile app does solve your issue, then please press the "Accept as Solution" button for this post, and enjoy one of my favorite roadtrip playlists below.

Thank you, that really helped. Thanks for caring so much, but I really figuered it out before the trip. What I needed to know was that the "Download" button in library had to always be on... Hahahaha yup that was it. Thank you both!

Suggested posts