Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! It says I reached 3 devices

I use spotify in my mobile, laptop and ps4. And I am trying to download music in my phone and it says that I've reached the 3 devices were I download music. Obviously I only download music on my phone no in the others...

• Casual Listener
  • I use spotify in my mobile, laptop and ps4. And I am trying to download music in my phone and it says that I've reached the 3 devices were I download music. Obviously I only download music on my phon...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Connect over WiFi

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I am nearing the end of my Spotify Premium trial and need to make a decision about whether I want to continue paying for this service or not. At the moment, I often have difficulty getting a connection over WiFi....

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I am nearing the end of my Spotify Premium trial and need to make a decision about whether I want to continue paying for this service or not.   At the mom...
  • bellebird
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

I purchased premium and I've checked my status and it says premium but it won't let me play anything without 3g or Wi-Fi! I've tried logging in and out etc and I'm getting charged for this. Please help

• Casual Listener
  • I purchased premium and I've checked my status and it says premium but it won't let me play anything without 3g or Wi-Fi! I've tried logging in and out etc and I'm getting charged for this. Please he...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android 4.2.2 doesn't let to log in

Every time I try to log in, it says it has server or connection issues when internet is working just fine. Don't even know what to do anymore. I don't use FB app but when I tried to log in, it again said it had server issues. Tried to create another ...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I try to log in, it says it has server or connection issues when internet is working just fine. Don't even know what to do anymore. I don't use FB app but when I tried to log in, it again ...
  • grezzu
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Facebook
    server
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify used half of my data!

Hello there I have been a Pro member since March. I have noticed so far uses a lot of data while streaming music. I have no problem with that but this time it used half of my data in 30 minutes. That's outrageous. I have attached some examples. As yo...

• Hello there I have been a Pro member since March. I have noticed so far uses a lot of data while streaming music. I have no problem with that but this time it used half of my data in 30 minutes. That...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Kan niet inloggen

Ik heb al 5 jaar een premium account via KPN maar kan nu al een week lang niet naar mijn muziek luisteren vind dit heel erg vervelend en wil graag weer gebruik maken van mijn spotify

• Ik heb al 5 jaar een premium account via KPN maar kan nu al een week lang niet naar mijn muziek luisteren vind dit heel erg vervelend en wil graag weer gebruik maken van mijn spotify
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Repeat Offline Playlists in Android App

Hi Can someone tell me how I can set an offline playlist to repeat on the Spotify Android App? ThanksSteph

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   Can someone tell me how I can set an offline playlist to repeat on the Spotify Android App?   Thanks Steph
  • terryst
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Exiting App

Anyone know how to exit spotify on Samsung S7? The little X has vanished.

• Anyone know how to exit spotify on Samsung S7? The little X has vanished.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Retrieving music from SD card

Hi there,Just got a new phone. Had downloaded a playlist to my sd card on my old phone, which I've put into the new phone. When I go to that playlist, it starts 'downloading' again. So presumably, it's doubling up on my sd card. How do I get spotify ...

• Regular
  • Hi there, Just got a new phone. Had downloaded a playlist to my sd card on my old phone, which I've put into the new phone. When I go to that playlist, it starts 'downloading' again. So presumably, ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Does not save my songs

As usual I pressed the save button to save a song then I returned to songs but the song was not downloaded. I am not offline and I tried everything but songs stays non-downloaded as you see in the screen shot. Please help what should I do?

• Regular
  • As usual I pressed the save button to save a song then I returned to songs but the song was not downloaded. I am not offline and I tried everything but songs stays non-downloaded as you see in the sc...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't play offline

I've tried all the solutions I can find on the many forums, but Spotify refuses to play offline on my Samsung Galaxy S5. Have resinstalled it many times, cleared caches, gone to offline mode, made sure the entire playlist is downloaded, there is enou...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried all the solutions I can find on the many forums, but Spotify refuses to play offline on my Samsung Galaxy S5. Have resinstalled it many times, cleared caches, gone to offline mode, made su...
  • Richard_Baxter
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

eq turns off randomly quite fast.

specs:android 6.0.1samsung galaxy s5 pluseverything up to datesince 2 weeks or so the equalizer turns off in the middle of a song. it happens when i listen to downloaded music (i'm premium user) for offline use.already deleated everything except the ...

• Casual Listener
  • specs: android 6.0.1 samsung galaxy s5 plus everything up to date since 2 weeks or so the equalizer turns off in the middle of a song. it happens when i listen to downloaded music (i'm premium ...
  • Artifacialic
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Data stored on both internal and SD-Card Moto G3

Hi. I have a strange Problem with storing offline Data on my Moto G3, apearing under Android6 and also under CM12.1 - i can choose in Spotify-Settings where Spotify should store the downloaded Musicfiles ( internal or external SD), but it stores alwa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   I have a strange Problem with storing offline Data on my Moto G3, apearing under Android6 and also under CM12.1 - i can choose in Spotify-Settings where Spotify should store the download...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad pops up when opening spotify

How come everytime I play a song and then lock my phone then unlock it I get this annoying ad from the google play store I have premium too it is just annoying that I have to close the stupid ad everytime I lock and unlock my phone so I can get back ...

• How come everytime I play a song and then lock my phone then unlock it I get this annoying ad from the google play store I have premium too it is just annoying that I have to close the stupid ad ever...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't download the app

So I tried to download the new app, but I'm currently out of the country on business for a few months so the Play Store won't let me. I'm a premium member, so I'm not restricted from using the service while abroad, but the latest update has more or l...

• Casual Listener
  • So I tried to download the new app, but I'm currently out of the country on business for a few months so the Play Store won't let me. I'm a premium member, so I'm not restricted from using the servic...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • blocked
    play store
    region
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Why isn't Spotify showing new releases on the 'new release' page?

I am a user from Hong Kong and I love American and European music. But the issue that keeps me thinking about switching to Apple Music is that the 'new release' page just shows some but not all new releases. Just take this month as an example, I do n...

• I am a user from Hong Kong and I love American and European music. But the issue that keeps me thinking about switching to Apple Music is that the 'new release' page just shows some but not&nbsp...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App Goes Unresponsive - Android

Hi, I'm getting a weird issue after latest Spotify update to version 6.2.0.1028Seems when I listen on a Bluetooth headset, randomly the app will go unresponsive, but continue playing on the Bluetooth headset, even after I close Spotify with the Task ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I'm getting a weird issue after latest Spotify update to version 6.2.0.1028 Seems when I listen on a Bluetooth headset, randomly the app will go unresponsive, but continue playing on the Bluet...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Control volume on Connect with Android

I am running Spotify Premium and use Connect between two Andriod devices. This works really well, however I am unable to control the volume from the connected device on the device that is playing. I an not see volume control on the Spotify app itself...

• I am running Spotify Premium and use Connect between two Andriod devices. This works really well, however I am unable to control the volume from the connected device on the device that is playing. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 12 likes

Sorry, something went wrong

Hey, I have been trying to access Spotify for the past few hours and I keep getting an error that say "Sorry, something went wrong". See screenshot attached. The player wigit it also frozen and can't be closed. Please help.

• Hey, I have been trying to access Spotify for the past few hours and I keep getting an error that say "Sorry, something went wrong". See screenshot attached. The player wigit it also frozen and can't...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android 7.0 on Google Phone - Spotify stating it's "offline"

My Google phone (Nexus 6P) updated to Nougat this morning and on my way to work, Spotify wouldn't connect. The error was ""You're offline. Please connect to the internet and try again." I have Spotify Premium, so that shouldn't be a problem. When I g...

• My Google phone (Nexus 6P) updated to Nougat this morning and on my way to work, Spotify wouldn't connect.  The error was ""You're offline.  Please connect to the internet and try again." &...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes