Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlist lost on Andriod SD card, fall back to internal memory.

Offline playlist lost on Andriod SD card, fall back to internal memory.

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium 

Device

Samsung A3 2017

Operating System

Andriod Oreo (8.0.1)

My Question or Issue

Hello  again Spotify Support,

I discovered for the so many times that I lost all my OFFLINE playlists. I believe this happens every time the Spotify app on my Andriod Samsung A3 2017 with a 128GB SD card is updated. What I notice is that the storage location is then set back to the 8GB internal SD storage (16GB, with less then 3 GB free space left). I have for that reason a 128 GB SD card to store data like Spotify OFFLINE music.
So I find that the storage location falls back to internal storage after every Spotify App update, also at the same time the playlist that were set to OFFLINE are the set with OFFLINE disabled again.
Switching the Storage location back to the SD card doesn't simply restore i.e. the music stored on that SD card. So I have to set the Playlists back to OFFLINE and then again ~2000 songs need to be download again. That this happens so often over the last couple of months is very irritating.

I am paying for a Premium subscription without a properly working Premiumum key feature. The feature for me to have Spotify. Please fix this very annoying issue.
I reported this back in 2017 and it is still not fixed. I am a loyal paying customer and I see no form of support fixing things like this from Spotify.

Previous thread and reply from Spotify with no resolution till this point.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-offline-playlists-gone-after-Spotify-upgrade...

-------

Hey @inetbas,

Thanks for getting back to us with this feedback. We've passed it to the right team to look into.
For now, you can make the most of your downloaded music by following the previous best practices here.

Thanks!

Chris.

----

Brgds,

Bas, paying Spotify subscriber.

2 Replies

Hello,

in 2 weeks time again lost all offline playlists and storage points back to internal memory instead of 128 GB SD card.

i am about to go for a long trip with no opportunities to download 17 GB of music. Spotify starts working on my nerves with is constantly failing feature.

Bas,

@inetbas wrote:

Hello,

in 2 weeks time again lost all offline playlists and storage points back to internal memory instead of 128 GB SD card.

i am about to go for a long trip with no opportunities to download 17 GB of music. Spotify starts working on my nerves with is constantly failing feature.

Bas,

Hi, 

I got the exact same problem after the last update. My SD card is part of android's memory so I don't understand why the songs are not found by the app.

I pay the premium access only for the offline service as I'm in a trip where I don't have access to internet really often. This is really inconvenient.

Please Spotify support, help us here ! 

Suggested posts