Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline sound quality problem

Solved!

Offline sound quality problem

Hello!

Im new to spotify and i started out with premium. I listen to my music primarily outside of my WiFi zone because im constantly walking to work/school and also listen when i go for runs on trails. when i downloaded my playlist for offline use i set everything to extreme quality on my android phone. now when i listen to my music the quality starts off as it should be then abruptly cuts to low quality sound and stays that way. no matter how many times i re-install and re-download my music it ends up the same.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be very helpful, Thank You! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just got my new bluetooth headphones in the mail today and it works great now! i dont know why wired connection and a partly broken phone jack was only a complete sound problem on spotify compared to other music apps and players but at least we got down to the bottom of it. i should invest in an upgrade soon....

Thank you for taking your time this week to help!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi and welcome. Can you do another clean install but using the troubleshooting guide linked in my signature? I've detailed additional steps which are critical to ensuring you get a completely clean install.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hey Daniel thanks for the reply! ive followed the intructions multiple times in your guide to fixing most android issues you linked me and unfortunatley the issue wasnt so easily beaten 😕 . if it helps to know the sound is fine on my laptop but its just my phone that has the degraded quality. it also now aparently occurs when im connected to my home WiFI when using extreme streaming, along with using extreme for downoads. Its like a dark storm cloud raining on me when im trying to jamout. Any other ideas my man?? 

That's almost starting to sound like an issue with your phone or your headphones. If you have another set of earbuds or headphones, try them and see if the issue is still there. If it goes away, then the headphones are the problem.

Also, try listening on another music player. Like try iTunes, or Google Play or something else that plays music on your phone. Do you hear the same sound problems? If so, it's not Spotify.

Just went through a few tests on that and other music players work fine, and its also a reoccuring problem with a diffrent set of buds. except for the possibility of my phone being the issue. i dont have another mobile device that i can test sadly.

Thank you for your help though! maybe i need to make a new account??

How about trying a different quality setting. Delete your cache, then log back in and set the quality to 'high' and download your offline tracks again.

Android Troubleshooting:

Drats that didnt work either. Im starting to think that maybe the problem is the phone's ability to respond to spotify? The possible phone issue is what Tobraham brought up and could that be the case? i have a Droid Razr HD thats almost active for 3 years now with a model nearly 4 years old...

Is it the same on both headphones and the phone speaker???

Is your cache stored on an SD card? If so, try changing to your internal memory to see if it's an issue with the SD card

Android Troubleshooting:

Hey Daniel it's weird it works fine through my phone speaker but not when my buds are popped in. though the jack on the phone is a bit broken as when you plug in earbuds or headphones you cant twist it out of a certain position or the sound cuts out, otherwise it sounds fine, instead of making a distorted sound regadless with spotify music when my buds are plugged to my phone(hasnt happened before spotify, and bluetooth headphones maybe work?). also, all my data is stored in internal memory. i have an SD card from a previous old slider phone plugged in from activation but it says its blank or it has unsupported file systems. nothing happens when i tap reformat.

Sounds like it's not getting a clean connection through the headphones jack in that case. If it's your phone then I'd say maybe try some bluetooth headphones - or get a new device.

Android Troubleshooting:
Marked as solution

I just got my new bluetooth headphones in the mail today and it works great now! i dont know why wired connection and a partly broken phone jack was only a complete sound problem on spotify compared to other music apps and players but at least we got down to the bottom of it. i should invest in an upgrade soon....

Thank you for taking your time this week to help!

Hey, Daniel! Maybe you can help me. I got the same issue that eddieyngusa had, but it's not about the headphones for me.

My songs play in extreme quality on my desktop, downloaded or not. But on my Android phone those abruptly cuts always happen when I'm trying to listen to a song, even on WiFi. I've tried cleaning cache, a clean install and I don't know what else to do, because it doesn't happen only when I'm using headphones, but also when it's on the speaker.

Can you help me?

Suggested posts