Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stopping when I open any app

Hello, I've already done all the procedures I found on the Spotify website, I already cleaned the data, I rebooted the phone, I reinstalled the app, but whenever I open any app - Facebook, whatsapp, games - Spotify music stops. My mobile phone is a M...

• Hello, I've already done all the procedures I found on the Spotify website, I already cleaned the data, I rebooted the phone, I reinstalled the app, but whenever I open any app - Facebook, whatsapp, ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Huawei m3

Hi, i have a huawei m3 7 and Spotify works like i'm using a smartphone: i can't skip tracks as i wish. Any solutions?Thanks

• Hi, i have a huawei m3 7 and Spotify works like i'm using a smartphone: i can't skip tracks as i wish. Any solutions? Thanks  
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pausing multiple times in a song

Spotify app pauses multiple times. I cannot play a song all they way through. It pauses 2 orn3 times. I have rebooted my phone, I have updated the app, and I and uninstalled and reinstalled. Please help its supper annoying.

• Spotify app pauses multiple times. I cannot play a song all they way through. It pauses 2 orn3 times. I have rebooted my phone, I have updated the app, and I and uninstalled and reinstalled. Please h...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can`t log in

Recently I logged out of my account while being offline which I usually don´t do. Then I tried to log in again but received the message : You have to be online to be able to connect to Spotify.Since then it is impossible to log in again on my Android...

• Visitor
  • Recently I logged out of my account while being offline which I usually don´t do. Then I tried to log in again but received the message : You have to be online to be able to connect to Spotify. Sinc...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Mobile App: Playlist Folders?

On My iPodI made them here, desktopHello, I was wondering if someone could check something for me on the official Android Spotify mobile app. On my current device, an Apple iPod, playlist folders that I make on my desktop app will also show up. Would...

spotify-folder-example.png Screenshot (93).png
  • Regular
  •   On My iPod I made them here, desktopHello, I was wondering if someone could check something for me on the official Android Spotify mobile app. On my current device, an Apple iPod, playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    differences
    folders
    iOS
    Mobile
    playlist folders
    Playlists
    Spotify mobile
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Storage location on Samsung S7e.

Hello, I'm about to switch if I don't find any solution for this issue, that I have had for almost a year.On Spotify, I have selected the storage location to external memory card. I gave the app the rights to access the external storage.I tried every...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I'm about to switch if I don't find any solution for this issue, that I have had for almost a year. On Spotify, I have selected the storage location to external memory card. I gave&n...
  • gaspardmasy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[HOW TO] Troubleshooting - Clear application data on Android

Many times an application may cause issues on a phone. This may not necessarily be the fault of the specific application, but more likely the data has become corrupt by the system. The first step whenever troubleshooting an Android application is to ...

Screenshot_2014-03-07-11-48-35.png Screenshot_2014-03-07-10-45-41.png Screenshot_2014-03-07-10-45-49.png
  • Community Legend
  • Many times an application may cause issues on a phone. This may not necessarily be the fault of the specific application, but more likely the data has become corrupt by the system. The first step whe...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Tutorial
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Why does search require two clicks in Android?

It's not a huge deal but it drives me nuts just because it seems so ergonomically ridiculous. I click on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the app screen and the search bar appears at the top of the app screen. Then I have to click on the se...

• Casual Listener
  • It's not a huge deal but it drives me nuts just because it seems so ergonomically ridiculous. I click on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the app screen and the search bar appears at the to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play music

I've bought a premium account but can not play music

• Casual Listener
  • I've bought a premium account but can not play music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cracking and pops when playing

Hi everyone! Problem with my Galaxy s6 here. Whenever you play songs, there is this annoying "crack" or "pop" sound (kind of like static). Dunno what to do! I tried uninstalling the app, reinstalling it clean and nothing. I disabled all sound enhance...

• Hi everyone! Problem with my Galaxy s6 here. Whenever you play songs, there is this annoying "crack" or "pop" sound (kind of like static). Dunno what to do!  I tried uninstalling the app, reins...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - Multiple Speakers/Devices

Hello Spotify keeps deleting my music saying I'm using a max amount of devices. I only use my phone and I deleted it off my two functioning computers and also the third computer is broke so I can't use it at all. How can I fix this. I want to listen ...

• Hello Spotify keeps deleting my music saying I'm using a max amount of devices. I only use my phone and I deleted it off my two functioning computers and also the third computer is broke so I can't u...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Art Pionner car radio

Me gustaría saber cómo lograr que se muestren las ilustraciones de las canciones en Spotify como lo hace Pandora.... Es posible?

• Me gustaría saber cómo lograr que se muestren las ilustraciones de las canciones en Spotify como lo hace Pandora.... Es posible?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Musik Android

Hallo,wie finde ich heraus, welche Musikstücke ich offline auf meinem Android habe?Ich möchte mir alle Offline verfügbaren Daten anzeigen lassen? Habe lediglich die Funktion Cache leeren gefunden; das würde alles löschen - oder?Löschen möchte ich ggf...

• Hallo, wie finde ich heraus, welche Musikstücke ich offline auf meinem Android habe? Ich möchte mir alle Offline verfügbaren Daten anzeigen lassen?   Habe lediglich die Funktion Cache leeren...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My playlist won't play on Premium

Hello there, A playlist that I have put together cannot play on my Android 7.0 phone (LG V20). All the songs are greyed out, and the only thing I can do with them is "Remove from playlist". I have recently performed a hard reset on my phone, and the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there,   A playlist that I have put together cannot play on my Android 7.0 phone (LG V20). All the songs are greyed out, and the only thing I can do with them is "Remove from playlist". ...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music stops after a few songs

Hi community, I'm using the latest version of Spotify on a Xiaomi Redmi 4A device android v 6.0.1 The music stops playing after two or three songs, not sure why. This is especially annoying every time I go for a run as I have to stop and fiddle aroun...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi community,   I'm using the latest version of Spotify on a Xiaomi Redmi 4A device android v 6.0.1   The music stops playing after two or three songs, not sure why. This is especially ...
  • Chanoir
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app won't open

A few days ago the app on my Sony Xperia 5 closed while playing, and since then it refuses to even open. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times to no avail. Premium works fine on my PC, but I can't use it at all on my phone.

• A few days ago the app on my Sony Xperia 5 closed while playing, and since then it refuses to even open. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times to no avail. Premium works fine on my P...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Turkish Student Premium got my money still not Premium

I did pay for my premium they charged for the premium its been a over 10 days and I'm still not premium and there are no cancel button that I can get my money back either Support does not answer me All I've got is Survey E-mail from support@spotify.c...

• Visitor
  • I did pay for my premium they charged for the premium its been a over 10 days and I'm still not premium and there are no cancel button that I can get my money back either Support does not answer me A...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify se cierra cuando entro a un juego

Hola! A alguno de ustedes no les paso que estan escuchando música en Spotify y entran a un juego un ejemplo: Clash Royale, y que al cabo de un minuto Spotify se cierra así como si nada?Si alguien tiene una solución por favor que me lo diga :v

• Hola!   A alguno de ustedes no les paso que estan escuchando música en Spotify y entran a un juego un ejemplo: Clash Royale, y que al cabo de un minuto Spotify se cierra así como si nada? Si ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] App uses a lot of background data although background data is restricted

I already ticked the "Resctrict background data" box for the Spoitfy app (as seen in the screenshot) some months ago.But the app still uses more than 150MB background data and I only listen to downloaded playlist when I'm on mobile data. How is this ...

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-05 at 19.28.25.jpeg
  • Regular
  •     I already ticked the "Resctrict background data" box for the Spoitfy app (as seen in the screenshot) some months ago. But the app still uses more than 150MB background data and I onl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Select a song

Hi, I am having trouble selecting a specific song from my playlist. Everytime I click on it the shuffle button wiggles...also when on an artist it only lets play via shuffle...It used to let me select a specific song to play before my free trial.

• Hi, I am having trouble selecting a specific song from my playlist. Everytime I click on it the shuffle button wiggles...also when on an artist it only lets play via shuffle...It used to let me selec...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes