Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline sync to SD CARD

Solved!

Offline sync to SD CARD

Could SPOTIFY make it possible to offline sync music to SD CARD its so freaking frustrating that all the offline music takes all the memory on the phone! 

When will the offline sync to SD CARD feature be a possible. FIX IT FAST SPOTIFY!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have an HTC One M8 and cache is running fine off my 64GB Sandisk SD.

Follow these steps and you should have no issues;

1. Uninstall Spotify
  2. Format the SD card in your phone (remember to backup first) - This step can be omitted, but if after running through all these steps and still not working, then recommend a format as exFAT
  3. Make sure the SD card has more storage available than the phone
  4. Install Spotify from the Play Store
  5. Login
  6. Change settings and set the download quality to 'Extreme'
  7. Make a track available offline and check it's stored on the SD

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You can sort playlists on android. Drag down to reveal the filter and sort options, tap on the three bars and select "Name".

As to your problems with getting spotify to use the external SD card for the cache, did you follow the steps in this post @leike ?

View solution in original post

27 Replies

It is freaking possible and has been since several versions back. Do a clean reinstall and make sure your external SD card has loads more free space than the internal one.

And how can i choose the Sd card lokation??

Have tried many times -.-'

It happens automatically as long as it is the optimum storage location - in other words there needs to be significantly more free space than on the internal storage. Did you follow the instructions for doing a clean reinstall? If that doesn't work please ask again.

Can u please tell me in steps what to do. I have clean og deleted all savings, and cache. What to do now? 

There are more space on my SD card than the internal

Have 8 GB free space internal after deleting offline playlists, and i have 14 GB free on SD card.

Once you cleared out all traces of spotify by following the instructions in the link I posted, just download the latest version from Google PLay and install.

Will the songs automatically been sync offline to SD card instead of internal space, after following those steps?

Yes they should.

Hi

as you, I'm trying to change storage location to sd card

the sd card has almost the same space but a bit less ont the internal.

did you manage to sync to our external sd card?

thanks for your reply

Spotify will install automatically to the "best" location. Fill up your internal memory temporarliy, free up as much space as you can on the external SD card, remove all traces ot the current spotify install and give it a try.

Is it possible that spotify does not choose the best location? 

I have tried multiple times doing a clean reinstall and saving without success. 

Spotify still continues to save on the phone storage (5GB free on phone VS 26GB free on SD card)...

Hi @samh1988 I guess it is possible but pretty unlikely. Did you check that there was no sign of spotifyfolders in internal storage:

Using a file explorer app on your device, or your computer with your device connected over USB:
Look for a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui
It's usually located in \Phone\Android\data\ (or in the folder you chose on your SD card when you started Spotify the first time)
Delete the com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folder(s)

What mobile device and android version?

I can confirm this works as long as you follow the mentioned steps.

Tried it on both my Asus Memopad 7 hd and my s3

Tried everything suggested re clean install. Nothng works. Using latest version of Spotify - v1.0.0.82

Using HTC One M8, 8 Gb free on internal, 59Gb free on Class 10 SD card so if Spotify is using the optimal area its not working very well.

Any help MOST welcome please!!!!!! 

Hello. I have the same problem since the update 1.0.0.82.

I have 13.45 GO free space in my SD Card but Spotify prefers to download my offline songs in the phone memory which has only 485 Mo available.

I tried to sync songs with all qualities, to delete data, to reinstall, but it doesn't work.

My phone is a Wiko Cink Five with Android 4.1.2.

Help please. Thanks.

Same issue. HTC one m8. Have tried all steps

No, it's not possible to download to the sd card. Not with my samsung galaxy. Tried several helpdesks, the samsung one, my provider that also provids spotify for free, all fora et cetera. By the way, it's also still not possible to store lists in alfabatic order on my smartphone. Shame on spotify.

All the best,

Leon

Marked as solution

I have an HTC One M8 and cache is running fine off my 64GB Sandisk SD.

Follow these steps and you should have no issues;

1. Uninstall Spotify
  2. Format the SD card in your phone (remember to backup first) - This step can be omitted, but if after running through all these steps and still not working, then recommend a format as exFAT
  3. Make sure the SD card has more storage available than the phone
  4. Install Spotify from the Play Store
  5. Login
  6. Change settings and set the download quality to 'Extreme'
  7. Make a track available offline and check it's stored on the SD

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Like i said, I tried all options, including this one. I don't know what you mean by 'a format as exFAT'. By the wai, the SD card is new, never been used so why format? When i set to 'extreme' even less songs can be downloaded wich of course, is logic.

Best,

Leon

Marked as solution

You can sort playlists on android. Drag down to reveal the filter and sort options, tap on the three bars and select "Name".

As to your problems with getting spotify to use the external SD card for the cache, did you follow the steps in this post @leike ?

Suggested posts