Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm not able to log on spotify on android.

I've got a Nexus 7 2013 version and it's running stock android 5.1.1 Lollipop (Non rooted). It was working fine earlier back in 5.0.2 or something. But in 5.1 it started getting annoying. Cause sometimes when I was logged in I was not able to play an...

• I've got a Nexus 7 2013 version and it's running stock android 5.1.1 Lollipop (Non rooted). It was working fine earlier back in 5.0.2 or something. But in 5.1 it started getting annoying. Cause somet...
  • Whippet
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to show all offline music, in all playlists?

When going to My Music, and filter for offline tracks, it doesnt show offline tracks in many playlists. So, I simply cant random all offline tracks.I need to enter in each offline playlist and play it separately.Is that a bug?

• Casual Listener
  • When going to My Music, and filter for offline tracks, it doesnt show offline tracks in many playlists. So, I simply cant random all offline tracks. I need to enter in each offline playlist and play...
  • Wootbeast
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

On the new update : Suggested songs :(

When I downloaded the new update for Spotify I got after every track I played immediately a suggested song. So I closed the app and tried it again. Now the suggested song was gone and replaced by a song from the playlist instead. This happend to me l...

• When I downloaded the new update for Spotify I got after every track I played immediately a suggested song. So I closed the app and tried it again. Now the suggested song was gone and replaced by a s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Glitch
    Help
    Suggesting Songs
    Update
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Disabling Spotify Connect

Since a few days I am experiencing problems with playback on both my smartphone and my desktop PC caused by Spotify Connect.When I play music on my PC, playback randomly pauses and switches to a random song from the same or another playlist. Sometime...

• Regular
  • Since a few days I am experiencing problems with playback on both my smartphone and my desktop PC caused by Spotify Connect. When I play music on my PC, playback randomly pauses and switches to a ...
  • lawrenrock_08
  • 8 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 9 likes

Audio keeps pausing - LG G3

I have Spotify premium (v3.5.0.963) on my LG G3 Android device. Since upgrading my LG G3 device to Android 5.1.1, software VS98535A the audio has been poor. Every 30-40 seconds, the music pauses 1 sec, then continues. Same issue when using bluetooth ...

• I have Spotify premium (v3.5.0.963) on my LG G3 Android device. Since upgrading my LG G3 device to Android 5.1.1, software VS98535A the audio has been poor. Every 30-40 seconds, the music pauses 1 se...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to delete songs from a playlist via play queue

OK this is really annoing me. I have read a couple of posts about this.. from 2013... apperently it was a good idea then but spotify never got around to it. How the hell do i delete a song from my playlist (stared playlist if that makes a difference)...

• Visitor
  • OK this is really annoing me. I have read a couple of posts about this.. from 2013... apperently it was a good idea then but spotify never got around to it. How the hell do i delete a song from my pl...
  • welshalanmurphy
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Switching facebook profile between accounts

I have only recently started using spotify, created an account using my email address and activated a 60 day trial.Within the time I have been using it, I had a moment of "the world is against me" and created a second free profile with a second email...

• Visitor
  • I have only recently started using spotify, created an account using my email address and activated a 60 day trial. Within the time I have been using it, I had a moment of "the world is against me...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Facebook
    unsyncing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sporify reneders my tablet as a mobile device

My device is ALPS Pheonix + , which is 7 inches, 2 sim card slots and an SD card slot. Kinda annoying.

• Casual Listener
  • My device is ALPS Pheonix + , which is 7 inches, 2 sim card slots and an SD card slot. Kinda annoying.
  • CrushyGreenREN
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Album Cover Won't Sync To Phone

Hi I've been able to sync my local files on my Windows 8 desktop to my Android phone without issue except that the album cover won't show up on my phone for some reason. All the rest of the files meta data syncs without issue but whenever I play a lo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I've been able to sync my local files on my Windows 8 desktop to my Android phone without issue except that the album cover won't show up on my phone for some reason. All the rest of the files met...
  • monk3yboy305
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

music pause or mute with incomi g call

Music continue to play on be speakers using connect with my Note 5 when I have an incoming call. I have to run to another room to answer it. Is there not a setting?

• Music continue to play on be speakers using connect with my Note 5 when I have an incoming call. I have to run to another room to answer it. Is there not a setting?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify incompatibility with Samsang S4 GT-19500

HiI have been running the Spotify app on my Samsung S4 GT-19500 without any issues for the last 2 months. I am running the latest android software - version 5.0.1.I am a Spotify Premium subscriber (with Spotify Netherlands ) and my free trial period ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I have been running the Spotify app on my Samsung S4 GT-19500 without any issues for the last 2 months. I am running the latest android software - version 5.0.1. I am a Spotify Premium subsc...
  • James_Louis_D
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

It keeps saying my username or password is wrong no matter how many times I reset my password.

Hi there, please help. I am an existing Spotify user who was on PC. Then I moved to Macbook and just install spotify on my both iPad and macbook. I logged in the first time it said wrong username or password. Thereafter I have reset my password few t...

• Hi there, please help. I am an existing Spotify user who was on PC. Then I moved to Macbook and just install spotify on my both iPad and macbook. I logged in the first time it said wrong username or ...
  • Cinnamonette
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Crashing

I have an s5 and ever since I installed the update to lollipop 5.0 that Android released Spotify doesn't work correctly in my car. It doesn't list the music anymore on my dash. And it crashes my phone a few times a day while it runs. I have done a co...

• I have an s5 and ever since I installed the update to lollipop 5.0 that Android released Spotify doesn't work correctly in my car. It doesn't list the music anymore on my dash. And it crashes my phon...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Clearing Playlist Filter/Search Playlist is Inverted

When you enter a playlist songs are typically displayed in reverse order of when they were added to the playlist (e.g. The most recent song added to the playlist is shown first). However after filter/search the playlist for a paritcular the playlist ...

• When you enter a playlist songs are typically displayed in reverse order of when they were added to the playlist (e.g. The most recent song added to the playlist is shown first). However after f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New phone

Got new phone and still under 90 days promo.do i need to re subcribe or i can use my existing account? Help pla

• Casual Listener
  • Got new phone and still under 90 days promo.do i need to re subcribe or i can use my existing account? Help pla
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ya no tengo espacio libre para guardas más musica

Me encantó la aplicación y tengo una cuenta premium pero ya no me deja sincronizar más musica en modo offline porque dice que se ah agotado mi espacio de almacenamiento del dispositivo, alguien me puede decir el porqué de esto? Porque en mi tarjeta m...

• Me encantó la aplicación y tengo una cuenta premium pero ya no me deja sincronizar más musica en modo offline porque dice que se ah agotado mi espacio de almacenamiento del dispositivo, alguien me pu...
  • Gastonvenier
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

ads not working properly

I've been having this issue for the last week or so. I don't have premium so every once in a while Ill get an add to watch a video, except there's no ad to watch. It just sits there for 30 seconds. The same with random video ads. It'll say "the next ...

• I've been having this issue for the last week or so. I don't have premium so every once in a while Ill get an add to watch a video, except there's no ad to watch. It just sits there for 30 seconds. T...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

BMW idrive

Has anyone manged to stream via bluetooth music from spotify on HTC one to idrive?

• Casual Listener
  • Has anyone manged to stream via bluetooth music from spotify on HTC one to idrive?
  • Simpaty
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

App says no internet connection but not so?

This happens very frequently, not sure why. Any ideas? Thanks paul

• Casual Listener
  • This happens very frequently, not sure why. Any ideas? Thanks paul
  • Paul_halbert
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes