Solved!

Plan

Premium

Country

Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

I have a premium subscription strictly to be able to listen to my podcasts offline. I have it set to offline when I'm at work because Wi-Fi is spotty.  I downloaded every episode but as soon as the Wi-Fi cuts out it stops playing completely. If I'm paying for a service, it would be great if it actually worked.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @beckstergates,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

When an episode is downloaded to your app, it should be playing regardless of the internet connection. As this can be caused by some damaged cache stored from previous versions, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful in getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

After this process, you'll need to re-download all your offline content. Once downloaded, make sure you have the Offline mode toggled on and try again.

Let us know how it goes. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @beckstergates,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

When an episode is downloaded to your app, it should be playing regardless of the internet connection. As this can be caused by some damaged cache stored from previous versions, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful in getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

After this process, you'll need to re-download all your offline content. Once downloaded, make sure you have the Offline mode toggled on and try again.

Let us know how it goes. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did Uuninstall and reinstall the app before I posted here. It didn't help. However, I did an update and so far it seems to be working. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

Suggested posts