Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When launching spotify after a while, it takes 20 seconds to play the first song

When launching spotify after a while, it takes 20 seconds to play the first song

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

Operating System

Android 10, MIUI 12.0.5

My Question or Issue

Every time when I launch Spotify or come back to it after not using the app for a while (for example doing something else on the phone for 1 hour and not listening to music) Spotify will not play anything, and when I click search it does not find anything. I can go to library, click an artist and then click a song. Then it will take 20 seconds and the song will start to play, and then I can use the app normally (search other songs etc).

I have tried:

+ Clean reinstall

+ Cleaning cache, making sure spotify files dont exist on my file system

+ No SD on my phone

+ Removed all logged in accounts via desktop browser and relogged on phone

+ Removed all connected devices from account

+ Restarted phone

2 Replies

I forgot to mention that I also sometimes get the issue where music keeps playing but the play bar with play button and song info disappears, and I have to close the app to be able to stop music.

Hey there @sadikafan,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This sounds a lot like you're experiencing this Ongoing Issue here. I'd suggest you check out the tread for more relevant info. Subscribe and leave your +Vote to get notifications when there is any development on the matter.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts