Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App freezes and crashes all the time

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHuawei P20 liteOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueMy app has been freezing and crashing almost non-stop lately, so please help me: 1. I often have to open Spotify 4 - 6 times because it completely freezes up...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Huawei P20 lite Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue My app has been freezing and crashing almost non-stop lately, so please help me: ...
  • Eni
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    freeze
    locked screen
    podcast
    start
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Progress bar not being updated on Audi MMI

PlanPremium CountryPortugal DeviceBlackview BV9800 Pro Operating SystemAndroid Pie IssueHi there!I've been using Spotify connect to my car via Bluetooth since 2017 and I've never had this problem... Somehow the sync of the progress data is broken.I'm...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Portugal   Device Blackview BV9800 Pro   Operating System Android Pie   Issue Hi there!I've been using Spotify connect to my car via Bluet...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song randomly stops playing?

I've got a premium account and on my Android app a song plays and randomly stops at around 10 seconds in. It plays fine through my Alexa though. I've tried to clear some cache (about 3 times already) and it's still happening. Will it not work coz I h...

• I've got a premium account and on my Android app a song plays and randomly stops at around 10 seconds in. It plays fine through my Alexa though. I've tried to clear some cache (about 3 times already)...
  • navharsh
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify no funciona con los datos

PlanPremiumCountryColombiaDeviceMoto E4Operating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 My Question or IssueCada vez que me desconecto del WiFi aparece "Sin conexión a internet", pero sí tengo conexión, los datos funcionan correctamente. Ya activé el uso de datos sin r...

•   Plan Premium Country Colombia Device Moto E4 Operating System Android 7.1.1   My Question or Issue Cada vez que me desconecto del WiFi aparece "Sin conexión a internet", pero s...
  • jalmagpm
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution I don't know how to add Spotify to my Samsung Galaxy A32 home screen.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy A32Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueHow do I add Spotify to my Samsung Galaxy A32 home screen? The app is installed on my phone, but in order to launch it I have to go into settings and searc...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy A32 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue How do I add Spotify to my Samsung Galaxy A32 home screen? The app is inst...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recommended Playlists/songs algorithm by time of day

I listen to sleep music ever night in bed, however this is nothing like the kind of music I like to listen to during the day or during awake hours. The large majority of all my recommended music is thus sleep music - not what I want. Seems like there...

• Casual Listener
  • I listen to sleep music ever night in bed, however this is nothing like the kind of music I like to listen to during the day or during awake hours.  The large majority of all my recommended musi...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded music does not play without a data connection

I use the Android app to listen to music when I go skiing, and there isn't a good enough signal to get a data connection on my cell phone. I download albums, podcasts, and playlists to listen to during these times. When I go to select a new set of do...

• Music Fan
  • I use the Android app to listen to music when I go skiing, and there isn't a good enough signal to get a data connection on my cell phone.  I download albums, podcasts, and playlists to listen t...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Other] rewind

The rewind slider is not visible in any tracks. dark theme android. !!! It is extremely inconvenient to rewind, the slider is very small and cannot be seen at all, it merges with the line and with the background.

• The rewind slider is not visible in any tracks. dark theme android. !!! It is extremely inconvenient to rewind, the slider is very small and cannot be seen at all, it merges with the line and with th...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] LYRICS

LYRICS!!!I'M THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT DOESN'T HEAR THE LYRICS TO SONGS VERY WELL......I HEAR THE BEAT MORESO, BUT I HAVE TO OFTEN GO TO A SECONDARY WEBSITE TO PULL UP THE LYRICS. I THINK IT WOULD BE FANTASTIC IF I HAD THE OPTION TO PULL UP A LYRICS OP...

• Visitor
  • LYRICS!!! I'M THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT DOESN'T HEAR THE LYRICS TO SONGS VERY WELL......I HEAR THE BEAT MORESO, BUT I HAVE TO OFTEN GO TO A SECONDARY WEBSITE TO PULL UP THE LYRICS.  I THINK IT WO...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Developer] Screen rotate

Initially when in car mode, I'd place my phone on its side and the screen would turn also, so to display contents in the rotated view. Not sure if an update happened, but now the screen doesn't rotate. Was so much easier to be able to use the minimal...

• Initially when in car mode, I'd place my phone on its side and the screen would turn also, so to display contents in the rotated view. Not sure if an update happened, but now the screen doesn't rotat...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Developer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Search button in the playlist

I think it will be a great idea to put a search button in the playlist. sometimes I am searching for a music in my playlist and it is a little bit difficult to find that track between over 400 musics. In my opinion a search button in the playlist wil...

• Casual Listener
  • I think it will be a great idea to put a search button in the playlist. sometimes I am searching for a music in my playlist and it is a little bit difficult to find that track between over 400 musics...
  • mahdi_chamani
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

[Android][Other] Regular crashes and player will not display what I'm listening to

Using Android app on a OnePlus 6. I can play my music and podcasts, but the 'player' bar that shows me what I'm listening to and gives me controls is still showing a podcast episode I finished yesterday. I can't skip back & forward in whatever I'm li...

• Visitor
  • Using Android app on a OnePlus 6. I can play my music and podcasts, but the 'player' bar that shows me what I'm listening to and gives me controls is still showing a podcast episode I finished yester...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playing shuffle from connected app

How can i implement "play playlist in shuffle" feature with connected app?

• Casual Listener
  • How can i implement "play playlist in shuffle" feature with connected app?
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    api
    shuffle
    spotify_api
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files 'Downloaded,' but Do Not Play, then Grey Out

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Note9Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueSpotify will download my local files to my phone, but when I attempt to play certain tracks, they will show up as playing, but they will not actually pla...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Note9 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Spotify will download my local files to my phone, but when I attempt to play ...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Video coming out blue on Android TV

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceTVOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI got spotify on my PC and it plays video great but I put the app on my TV and its coming out blue, Netflix, YouTube and Kodi all work perfectly so its not my TV thanks

•   Plan Free Country Australia Device TV Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I got spotify on my PC and it plays video great but I put the app on my TV and its comi...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App does not apply custom playlist sorting

PlanPremium CountryGermany Device(iPhone 11, Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G)Operating System(iOS 14.8, Android 11) My Question or Issue Hi,the Android App does not seem to apply the custom playlistsorting I have made on my desktop client.I am working...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country Germany   Device (iPhone 11, Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G) Operating System (iOS 14.8, Android 11)   My Question or Issue   Hi, the Androi...
  • Vasmares
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with Beats Solo Pro headphones + Spotify app + Samsung Galaxy20 FE

I used to have an LG G6 (model # LG-H873) smart phone. I used Spotify on this phone with my Beats Solo Pro headphones (model # A1881) without issue. In February, I got a Samsung Galaxy20 FE phone (model number SM-G781W) and tried Spotify with my Beat...

• I used to have an LG G6 (model # LG-H873) smart phone. I used Spotify on this phone with my Beats Solo Pro headphones (model # A1881) without issue. In February, I got a Samsung Galaxy20 FE phone (mo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] sequence of songs

Best,When I record a song with Shazam using Smartphone and then look it up directly in spotify to then put it in my favorite music,then the song does not show up at the top but usually at the bottom of the folder, this is the app on spartphone.This i...

• Casual Listener
  • Best, When I record a song with Shazam using Smartphone and then look it up directly in spotify to then put it in my favorite music, then the song does not show up at the top but usually at the bot...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Shuffle play plays first 10 songs first before playing other songs in playlist

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9PlusOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhen selecting a playlist and hitting the "Shuffle play" button, the first ten songs of a playlist are played first before other songs of the playlist ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy S9Plus Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue When selecting a playlist and hitting the "Shuffle play" button, the first ...
  • Marshall3911
  • Music Fan
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shuffle play
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution shuffle on pixel

How do you turn off shuffle on a google pixel phone with a premium account? Thanks.

• How do you turn off shuffle on a google pixel phone with a premium account? Thanks.
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes