Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Old version support

Old version support

Hi, i founded my very old Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001 and i had na idea.

I want to make it like an mp3, so i installed a version that is compatible with this 8yo phone (v 1.2.5.3).

All works fine but now i saw that i can’t move my download folder to microsd.

On internet they say that there is the option memory under other but i only have delete cache and disconnect.

I’m sure my microsd is fine and it is compatible with the phone (android 2.3.6)

Obviously i have premium plan.

2 Replies

Hey @Fabietto ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Since you're using an older version of the Spotify app and a device that is no longer officially supported by Spotify, I'm unfortunately unable to help you with this.

You can always check the current system requirements here.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tested it out on my old LG P698f (which has a ridiculously tiny internal storage) with a 4GB SD inserted.
I can confirm there are no in-app options for moving the storage, neither the system option for moving the entire app, BUT...
I tried downloading one of my playlists and it seems to have detected and used the SD automatically. The internal free space wasn't affected by the download at all.

So maybe you should be good to go already, or perhaps I was just lucky.
If it's still not working, you might try random things to see what does the trick. Maybe try reinstalling the app and open it for the first time while a SD is already inserted? I dunno.

On a semi-related tangent, I'd like to comment on how it's incredible that this old version of the app is significantly more stable, fast, and feature-rich than even the latest releases of the Lite app (and the main app too, obviously).

Suggested posts