Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only some local files unavailable on GS4, others grayed out/unavailable in app

Only some local files unavailable on GS4, others grayed out/unavailable in app

Hi, I have found several topics similar to this but none exactly the same and I will definitely need a layman's instructions on troubleshooting if anyone can help.

I just upgraded to premium, everything works on my PC, all the tracks play, they are all available, etc.

On my phone, I am only able to play SOME tracks from my personal library/playlists. Others, even songs from the same album, are grayed out and when I select them it says they are unavailable.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both applications (PC/Android), restarting the devices inbetween.

Upgraded Quicktime.

They are connected to the same network but I can't see my phone in the desktop application.

Disabled firewalls - no change.

I have "Unlinked" my entire library in the desktop application.

I have moved one or two songs from that playlist to another, to see if it was that particular playlist, to no avail.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4. Android version 4.3. And running the most recent version of the Spotify App.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

6 Replies

If you can't see your phone in the desktop client it won't have been able to sync those local files over. Do you have uPnP enabled on your internet router?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Is there a specific way to tell if it's enabled? I tried to do it per the instructions on a different thread, but maybe I didn't do it right or it's not enabled?

Ooop.  Figured that out. Still didn't work though. 😞

Could it be that Spotify is having a hard time finding some tracks? (Though still, can't see my device under the devices tab.)

Unless you can see your phone under "Devices", Spotify won't be able to transfer any tracks from your computer to your phone.

Definitely something stopping the connection going on here. Are all firewalls on your computer definitely completely disabled?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have same problem, i can't see device on Windows app. so my local files and music spotify haven't  i don't listen

I configured my router: activated Upnp, permit IP Address and port recommending in spotify help...

please help me :S

Yes. All firewalls are down. Even tried plugging my phone into my computer like my iPod, but still doesn't show up. 😞 Also, some of my tracks are replaced with different ones now (live versions specifically replaced with different live versions), a problem I assume could be fixed if I could get this to work.

Suggested posts