Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Oneplus 2

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I'm using the "What's this song" feature in the Google Now (Google Assistant, Google search Bar) which is a shazam like functionality.

When song found, is there a way to open directly a search in Spotify for it?

I've linked my Spotify account in the settings

Thanks

Screenshot_20180606-004227.png
Screenshot_20180606-004253.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

to hopefully answer your question. first that depends on(bear with me...for lack of better terms) how much access to your phone and apps you've given Google assistant (be careful though)(personal recent experience) after you've found said song, you can simply ask Google: (short or example-->)ie: ok Google open "insert song title here" in spotify. if spotify has said song in their database(which 98% of time they do) it'll pull up. if you need further help/info just msg my profile directly and I'll help out as much as I can. good luck (:

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I would advise against voice control for spotify at the moment, its nothing like Google assistant (yet) but it could be if the 2 voice recognition systems weren't linked together (from personal recent experience) if spotify came out with an update or software upgrade for in app only (precise) voice control/commands, it would fair a lot better, but that's just my opinion. ie : like "ok spotify"...etc etc . same attributes as Google voice/assistant but for spotify in its entirety of the app.

Marked as solution

to hopefully answer your question. first that depends on(bear with me...for lack of better terms) how much access to your phone and apps you've given Google assistant (be careful though)(personal recent experience) after you've found said song, you can simply ask Google: (short or example-->)ie: ok Google open "insert song title here" in spotify. if spotify has said song in their database(which 98% of time they do) it'll pull up. if you need further help/info just msg my profile directly and I'll help out as much as I can. good luck (:

Suggested posts