Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Particular Synced Playlist will not play in Android App

Particular Synced Playlist will not play in Android App

Whenever I try to play one playlist in particular that I synced from local files, It will begin the song but crash immediately. I synced another playlist the same way before from local files and I have no problems at all. This is very confusing. The same playlist will play through the CPU version of spotify but not through my phone. The exception class name is  java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.
It can't be out of Memory, as I have only synced 8 playlists with about  191 tracks.  

Any suggestions? 

3 Replies

Is it that particular song ... so could you start playing the playlist from the next song and it be OK, or is it any song on that playlist?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Any song in the playlist... its driving me nuts!!!

EDIT: Actually any song in the playlist will start to play but it Force Closes immediately. It says "Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped". But as long as I dont hit report or ok, in the error message, it will play for a while. 

Sounds like maybe something got corrupted in the transfer, Not sure what to do about it apart from clear then entire Spotify cache and re-syncing (if you just change the playlists to not offline the data will sit there for a time so you won't necessarily know when it's safe to try the sync again for completely fresh data)
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Suggested posts