Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Parts of song missing when streamed through phone or Amazon Echo?

Parts of song missing when streamed through phone or Amazon Echo?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 7

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue: Noticed this just now for the first time ever after years....

Playing the song  "Pass the Mic" by thhe Bestie Boys on the album "Check Your Head" there is a keyboard (or something) solo at the 3:35 mark. 

Playing it through my Amazon Echo, the solo is missing from the song. 

It's also missing when I change the stream to play through my phone.

When I switch and play the song through my PC the solo is there as it always has been, audible through both left and right channels. 

Switch to play through the other devices, it disappears again.

My first thought would be that a channel is missing and the song is streaming in mono, but the fact that my stereo picks up the sound of the solo through both left and right channel means that it is a different issue.

I'm baffled. Can anyone help me out here?

4 Replies

Hey @miq3263827, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll do our best to help though.

Does this only happen with that track? You can test out other songs that have diferent elements on different channels. One band that comes to mind is The Doors. Try seeing if the issue persists when listening to them.

Also, have you already tried unlinking and linking your Spotify account with your Echo? If not, give it a try to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

"Got to get you into my life" by the Beatles seems to be missing a channel.

"Behind Blue Eyes" by the Who seems to be missing a channel.

I have experienced the same issue with multiple songs. Fine playing via PC, missing parts via mobile device. E.g. in California Dreamin' all of the vocal sections with just the men singing are inaudible, I only hear the female reprises. Men are audible in sections where all four are singing.

Hi @hobs1466,

Thank you for posting on this thread. 

What you describe may be an issue with the sound balance. Please go to your Alexa's app > Devices > Echo & Alexa > Audio controls. Then, check the Balance setting and make sure that the volume between the left and right speaker is correct. 

If it doesn't do the trick, let us know if the same happens when you're using a different audio device such as headphones or another speaker.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts