Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Perpetual green loading circle when going back to currently playing artist in my library

Solved!

Perpetual green loading circle when going back to currently playing artist in my library

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Motorla G7

Operating System

Android 9

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

So, I had this same issue on my HTC One M9 and Spotify support told me that they don't develop for Android 7 (the latest OS available for that phone) and so they couldn't help. It was old, so I bought a new Moto G7 and I still have the exact same issue. If it go to My Library > Artists, select an artist, and start playing their music, after the screen on my phone goes off, if I turn it back on I just get a perpetual green loading circle with no songs. I have to go back to My Library > Artists and select the same artist to select a different song. Same thing happens if I'm playing music and go full-view album art then tap the back button. This doesn't happen on playlists or individual albums. Only when I play from an artist in my library.

Attempted solutions that didn't work:

• New phone with new OS (Android 9)

• Card vs internal memory

• Uninstall/reinstall of Spotify

• Using Spotify test account

• Resetting Spotify/clearing memory

• Issue occurs whether on wifi, playing downloaded files, or using data.

• Revoked access for all devices and changed password.

The only thing that ever worked was installing a previous version of the Spotify app that didn't have this issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, here is the thread to the problem you experience. Please click "Vote" to Support fixing the problem

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Mobile-Green-circle-appears-when-viewing-Artists-men...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi,

I can't provide a solution, but I can tell you that you are not the only one having this problem.

I count at least 3 threads in this community, including the same topic. 

Greetings

Thanks for the info. In my searches i've only ever found the one where it shows during Album view, and that one has been fixed. I haven't found any others.

Marked as solution

Hey, here is the thread to the problem you experience. Please click "Vote" to Support fixing the problem

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Mobile-Green-circle-appears-when-viewing-Artists-men...

Suggested posts