Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Phone restarts when Spotify is installed.

Phone restarts when Spotify is installed.

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

(Nokia 6 2018)

Operating System

(Android One)

My Question or Issue

When I have Spotify installed on my phone, it can restart itself for no apparent reason. It can restart as frequently as every 10-20 minutes. I have tried reinstalling, tried running it in safe mode, but when I start using my device in a normal mode, it starts to restart again.

10 Replies

Hey @aivanov07,

That sounds odd! Does your device restart when using Spotify, or just when it's installed? 

Keep us posted, 

/T

Hi,

Phone restarts when Spotify is just installed.

Regards

/A

Hey @aivanov07.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you tell us the Spotify version you are using, as well as your device's OS version?

Cheers,

P

Hi Peter,

I don't have Spotify currently installed, since I don't want my phone to restart. But usually used the latest available android version.

My Android OS version is 8.1.0

Regards,

/A

Hey @aivanov07.

Would you mind installing it and letting us know? 

While you're doing that, could you also try to log in using another account and see if the problem persists?

Cheers,

P

Hey,

I have installed Spotify and after 2 hours my phone restarted. Unfortunately, this community does not allow me to post my version number.

I don't have another account and I don't want to register any "dummy" account.

Regards,

/A

Screenshot_20180912-124712.png

Hey again @aivanov07,

We'd first like to make sure that you've done a complete reinstall by following the steps here, one by one.

If this doesn't work, let us know:

• How much storage you have left on your device.
  • If you have an SD card installed. If so, try removing it and let us know if it works better.

Keep us posted 🙂

Hi,

Reinstalled Spotify according to steps. Removed SD card, now waiting to see what will happen. As for free space, I have around 12GB.

/A

Awesome @aivanov07, we appreciate it.

Let us know how it goes,

/T

Hello,

So the app works even when I have downloaded playlists on my internal memory. But as soon as I download it on my SD card, the phone starts to restart.

So somehow my phone doesn't like my SD card.

Thanks for the help.

A.

Suggested posts