Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback isn't paused when answering calls [Android]

Solved!

Playback isn't paused when answering calls [Android]

Hi,
from a couple of days spotify won't stop playing music when an incoming call arrives.
So I hear both call and music that is very annoying
I have to close the application manually.
Anyone have the same problem and have an idea how to fix it ?
Thank you so much

164 Replies

Issue is back with latest version on Samsung S7 and Nexus 5X

Exact same problem

Same problem for me too since the 6.3.0.882 update on 5 Oct 2016. OnePlus One running Android 5.1.1. And it's not just an issue with corking for phone calls. It also stops responding to the widgets (notification and lockscreen widgets disappear, home screen widget goes blank like app isn't running.) It's like the background service has died. Restart the app and it all works for a few minutes.

Even Google voice search activation doesn't stop Spotify playback

Hey guys,

Bill made a comment that seems to have worked for me, he reset his Spotify permissions in the app manager.  When I went in, Spotify had no permissions on my phone, so i added phone and storage.  I think phone was the main on.  That seems to have resolved the issue for me, but have not yet tested this in my car.

-- UPDATE--

I have now tested it via blue tooth and it works.  

Cheers

Dor

Same Problem with Samsung s7 edge, running latest Android 6.0.1:
Spotify notification widget disappears sometimes, music doesn't stop on Google Now, bluetooth disconnect or headphone disconnect. 

It's not that nice when you are in a quite room and your phone starts playing **bleep**ty music out of the speaker with full volume. Please fix that asap.

Marked as solution

Guys! Try this! I was fighting with this issue on my Oneplus One with Marshmallow 6.0 (CM13) for a long time and I was almost switching to Google Play cause of this.

1. Go to "Battery" > "Battery optimization"

2. Select "All apps"

3. Find "Spotify" and select "Don't optimize"

I am not sure whether this issue is Android Dose related or also present in fixable like  this in previous versions like Lollipop, but this fixed the issue on Marshmallow for me! I am astonished that no Spotify Support has provided this solution. 

Credit goes to XDA-Devs!

I see this has been marked as a solution, but it isn't. It has since stopped working. Really don't know why Spotify finds this so difficult.

ran into that one as well. Not nice when your Bluetooth headset switches
off when the battery is empty and all of a sudden you phone starts blasting
Rammstein at full volume in an open plan office and there is no widget at
the unlock screen, nor in the status/notification bar 😞

Dorgad,  tried turning permissions on, didn't make any difference in my case. One Plus Two & CM13

Three phone's running lolipop nexus 6, axon 7, and samsung s7 edge. It happens in my Ford truck and it happens in my audi a7 ONLY WITH SPOTIFY. No fix still? I'm giving it a week and then I'm going to download google play. I don't like it more but it's half the price with two users.

Worked for me !!

I also unchecked "Override Do not disturb"

Marked as solution

I had the same problem with my Nexus 5 running CM13. Once I granted the Spotify app permissions for phone and storage (Settings > Apps > Configure apps (gear at the top) > App permissions) it started working again. After granting those permissions I had to (force) stop the app. With this fix the notification widget also came back.

For all the CM users: Make sure you grant the needed permissions also in the CM permissions (data privacy/Privacy Gurad).

I'm running 6.0.1 and have granted phone and storage permissions and the problem persists.

I also have this problem on my 5x, any nearer a solution??

no, it doesn't work. Hey spotify team, are u there? It is very annoying when someone calls me and I need to switch to spotify to turn off the music. Do something please.

Same here and today I noticed it also happily ignored the 'do not stream
over cellular' setting, burning through a quarter of my data bundle in one
day 😞

Hi!
I can't find any app manager where the app permissions is possible to set? Where do I found it?
I have a Sony Xperia M4, android 5.0, Spotify 6.3.0.882.

All the same problems repeatedly related by the people over this topic.

Frustrating to know that spotify has absolutely no support and says absolutely nothing to its users after so many weeks facing these problems.

Hi everyone!

I've found this solution posted on this forum by @trakaismikus, bellow the link:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Playback-isn-t-paused-when-answering-calls-Android/m-p/1473...

1. Go to "Battery" > "Battery optimization"

2. Select "All apps"

3. Find "Spotify" and select "Don't optimize"

I've tried with the permissions before, but didn't worked for me. This one instead works great.

I've tested it with the BT on my car and it everything is back to normal. The music stops when the BT is disconnected, the music stops when a call is received and resumes just after is ended and the music begins automatically when the BT is connected to the car (the last one works 80% of time, just as it did always). Resuming, it seems that the battery is optimized to all apps "closing" the backround procces and restricting how it works when it's not on the front workinkg.

Just in case I've done the same process with the BT service.

Hope this works for you too!

Fran Heredia.-

Suggested posts