Playback isn't paused when answering calls [Android]

Solved!

Playback isn't paused when answering calls [Android]

pozlu0

Hi,
from a couple of days spotify won't stop playing music when an incoming call arrives.
So I hear both call and music that is very annoying
I have to close the application manually.
Anyone have the same problem and have an idea how to fix it ?
Thank you so much

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

billnterri
Casual Listener

Hi, 

I think I solved the problem.  At least for me.  I went into application manager, opened up spotify and checked if permissions were enabled.  They all were.  I turned off all permissions and then exited app manager.  I then went back in and re-enabled all permissions.  For some reason this resets permissions and everything works.  Spotify now pauses with phone calls, allows me to skip and pause songs in my car and open the widget on my phone.  Hope this helps.

Bill

View solution in original post

Solution!

trakaismikus

Guys! Try this! I was fighting with this issue on my Oneplus One with Marshmallow 6.0 (CM13) for a long time and I was almost switching to Google Play cause of this.

1. Go to "Battery" > "Battery optimization"

2. Select "All apps"

3. Find "Spotify" and select "Don't optimize"

I am not sure whether this issue is Android Dose related or also present in fixable like  this in previous versions like Lollipop, but this fixed the issue on Marshmallow for me! I am astonished that no Spotify Support has provided this solution. 

Credit goes to XDA-Devs!

Solution!

Drarlor
Regular

I had the same problem with my Nexus 5 running CM13. Once I granted the Spotify app permissions for phone and storage (Settings > Apps > Configure apps (gear at the top) > App permissions) it started working again. After granting those permissions I had to (force) stop the app. With this fix the notification widget also came back.

For all the CM users: Make sure you grant the needed permissions also in the CM permissions (data privacy/Privacy Gurad).

164 Replies

Valdar
Casual Listener

Here's the solultion I used:

Start using Google Play music.  Now none of my phones or devices have any issues with playing music.  Works great, try it out!

Fulluh1
I did the same thing! Google music ftw. Their tech support replies and tries to resolve issues instead of just pointing at a "solution" on page one of a several page thread.

Artv

All the same problems repeatedly related by the people over this topic.

Frustrating to know that spotify has absolutely no support and says absolutely nothing to its users after so many weeks facing these problems.

jld579
I also have this problem on my 5x, any nearer a solution??
Solution!

trakaismikus

Guys! Try this! I was fighting with this issue on my Oneplus One with Marshmallow 6.0 (CM13) for a long time and I was almost switching to Google Play cause of this.

1. Go to "Battery" > "Battery optimization"

2. Select "All apps"

3. Find "Spotify" and select "Don't optimize"

I am not sure whether this issue is Android Dose related or also present in fixable like  this in previous versions like Lollipop, but this fixed the issue on Marshmallow for me! I am astonished that no Spotify Support has provided this solution. 

Credit goes to XDA-Devs!

knownerror

Same Problem with Samsung s7 edge, running latest Android 6.0.1:
Spotify notification widget disappears sometimes, music doesn't stop on Google Now, bluetooth disconnect or headphone disconnect. 

It's not that nice when you are in a quite room and your phone starts playing **bleep**ty music out of the speaker with full volume. Please fix that asap.

Woonjas
Casual Listener
ran into that one as well. Not nice when your Bluetooth headset switches
off when the battery is empty and all of a sudden you phone starts blasting
Rammstein at full volume in an open plan office and there is no widget at
the unlock screen, nor in the status/notification bar 😞

Dorgad
Casual Listener

Hey guys,

Bill made a comment that seems to have worked for me, he reset his Spotify permissions in the app manager.  When I went in, Spotify had no permissions on my phone, so i added phone and storage.  I think phone was the main on.  That seems to have resolved the issue for me, but have not yet tested this in my car.

-- UPDATE--

I have now tested it via blue tooth and it works.  

Cheers

Dor

Woonjas
Casual Listener

Dorgad,  tried turning permissions on, didn't make any difference in my case. One Plus Two & CM13

stevotower
Same problem for me too since the 6.3.0.882 update on 5 Oct 2016. OnePlus One running Android 5.1.1. And it's not just an issue with corking for phone calls. It also stops responding to the widgets (notification and lockscreen widgets disappear, home screen widget goes blank like app isn't running.) It's like the background service has died. Restart the app and it all works for a few minutes.

bpajerwork
Casual Listener
Even Google voice search activation doesn't stop Spotify playback

bpajerwork
Casual Listener
Issue is back with latest version on Samsung S7 and Nexus 5X

PeteF
Casual Listener

The solution link does not seem to point to a solution.

Neither Google Play nor Deezer have these problems.

I am using Android 5.1 on a Moto G

felixnyström73
Casual Listener

I have the same problem but for Facebook Messenger. The audio pauses when I initially starts the call, but then the music is starting again after a few seconds into the call. Very frustrating when trying to make a call in a car. Please find a solution to this problem as soon as possible.

malmark1
Casual Listener
I must say I haven't had the problem in some time, maybe owing to an upgrade.
Solution!

billnterri
Casual Listener

Hi, 

I think I solved the problem.  At least for me.  I went into application manager, opened up spotify and checked if permissions were enabled.  They all were.  I turned off all permissions and then exited app manager.  I then went back in and re-enabled all permissions.  For some reason this resets permissions and everything works.  Spotify now pauses with phone calls, allows me to skip and pause songs in my car and open the widget on my phone.  Hope this helps.

Bill

Pinge59
Hi!
I can't find any app manager where the app permissions is possible to set? Where do I found it?
I have a Sony Xperia M4, android 5.0, Spotify 6.3.0.882.

Gobieslaw
Casual Listener

no, it doesn't work. Hey spotify team, are u there? It is very annoying when someone calls me and I need to switch to spotify to turn off the music. Do something please.

zrll
Casual Listener

Worked for me !!

I also unchecked "Override Do not disturb"

Solution!

Drarlor
Regular

I had the same problem with my Nexus 5 running CM13. Once I granted the Spotify app permissions for phone and storage (Settings > Apps > Configure apps (gear at the top) > App permissions) it started working again. After granting those permissions I had to (force) stop the app. With this fix the notification widget also came back.

For all the CM users: Make sure you grant the needed permissions also in the CM permissions (data privacy/Privacy Gurad).

SUGGESTED POSTS