Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android Version 10

My Question or Issue

Recently, playback of music stops either at the end of a track or randomly in the middle. It seems like it might be happening more when the screen turns off, but not exclusively. 

The player also seems to be showing something I was playing earlier when this happens instead of the current track.

• I have tried clearing data and cache and reinstalling multiple times.
  • I have checked settings that could affect playback and have resetted everything to default.
  • I have checked the phone's settings to make sure nothing is putting the app to sleep.
  • I have checked to make sure I'm not losing connectivity.
1 Reply

Hey @artfuldodgr42,

Thanks for getting in touch, we appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, have you tried these steps for a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? they are very thorough and ensure that all app files get built anew from the ground up. We also recommend you try disabling any battery optimization software running on your phone. Follow these steps:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

3. Last step - restart the phone.

Note: Menu order may differ on different devices.

If that doesn't fix things, could you log in to a friend or family members account and let us know if the issue comes up there as well? This will help us determine if the cause for this behavior is account or device related.

Hope this was helpful. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts