Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing Songs in Order?

Solved!

Playing Songs in Order?

Hi. I am very new to Spotify. My question is: how do I play songs on a playlist IN ORDER? As far as I can see there is only a "shuffle" option, and no way to just click on a song and play it in any way.

I did download the correct version of the application on the Google Play Store. I am using Android 4.4.2. I have searched the help section and Googled it but all answers seem geared toward the desktop version, which if course doesn't help me.

Any answers would be great. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You have to have a premium account for that. Free accounts can only shuffle on mobile

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

You have to have a premium account for that. Free accounts can only shuffle on mobile

Can confirm you need a Premium account to disable shuffle on mobile devices. Have a look at the comparison table for more details:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Subscription-Comparison-Chart/td-p/666916

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

If you are a premium user then you can just tap a song in the playlist and it will start playing in that order.

Free users (as mentioned) can only use the 'Shuffle' button.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Wow... Thanks for the answer guys. I appreciate it. Though.. I am pretty disappointed.

I am paying for premium account but the shuffle is still on my android and won't play my songs in order!!

Same problem

U have to turn the shuffle off, click on the song and then where there are
two arrows that cross each other if they are highlighted then ur shuffle is
on, tap on icon to turn off shuffle

Here is a screenshot.  Select the eliptical arrows (highlighted in green).

Screenshot_20160701-122541.png

I have the same problem but it's with shared playlists. I have a premium family account and my wife and I share playlists with/follow each other.  Shuffle is off, but they won't play in order...even if I tap a song at the top of the list, it still skips around.

mediastack_dbg_output.png

Hi @chriswright, the screen capture shows you have shuffle enabled. See the two green crossed arrows at the bottom? That's the shuffle switch - tap it and it will go grey and shuffle will be turned off.

Suggested posts