Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist appearing differently on Android vs OSX vs Tablet

Solved!

Playlist appearing differently on Android vs OSX vs Tablet

Hi there, I don't know if this problem is associated with all of my playlists as I'm too worried to do anything to them.

However, my main playlist has not been updating correctly. So this morning I created a brand new playlist called NEW and moved all songs from my old playlist into it. I then removed the old playlist.

Now, only my OSX machine can see the songs in the NEW playlist. On my phone there are no tracks in the list, and it is the same on my Nexus 7. When I create a new playlist I can add songs into it, but again it only seems to work on my laptop.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

I believe there is currently an ongoing bug where playlists aren't updating across devices. Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

Try reinstalling Spotify on the devices where the playlists aren't updating.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

I believe there is currently an ongoing bug where playlists aren't updating across devices. Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

Try reinstalling Spotify on the devices where the playlists aren't updating.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi there Anthony, thank you for your message.

Unfortunately the issue is still there even after a complete reset of my Android phone that wiped absolutely everything. I have also uninstalled Spotify from my OSX machine and re-installed it (including removing all pref files) and still my OSX machine says there are 300+ songs in the playlist whilst Android maintains there are 0 songs.

Is there an ETA on the fix as this is currently marring my spotify experience.

Thanks!

I have exactly the same issue and tried pretty much everything so far.

I'm getting the same thing

Weird thing is it only happens with one playlist. When I add/delete songs from all my other playlists, they update like they should

I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling on both osx as well as on my Android phone

I've also tried creating a new playlist and moving all the songs from the problematic playlist to this new one (osx)

- new playlist shows up on my phone

- songs don't show up on my phone

- tried renaming the playlist on osx, does not update on Android

Yep, this is exactly what is happening to me! Hopefully we get a fix as currently my main playlist is unusable!

Suggested posts