Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playlist goes back to the top

Playlist goes back to the top

Hi,

Just last week, I started playing my playlists, which has hundreds of songs while i was playing poker. While playing a song, if i want to choose a song to play right after, the playlist goes back to the top. This can be super annoying because if i have a song in mind while one is playing and the screen turns back, it doesn't stay to the original position and i have to scroll back down again. I have an Android HTC ONE. Please help

15 Replies

Hey, I got the same problem! It is super annoying, having to scroll down through hundred of songs to get to the bottom where the song i want to listen to lies. Also, why is it that spotify has removed the play/pausebutton from the ''screensaver-mode'', so that you have to ''open'' your phone everytime you wish to switch songs? It didn't use to be like that. But after a so-called ''update'' the app got way worse!
Say you are working out or whatever, it's annoying as hell!
I want the old mode back! 
I'm guessing I'm not the only one who feels it this way. 
Anyone got any tippers on how to fix it? 

I've got a Samsung S4

Dear spotify.
There is nothing good about this feature, it makes an otherwise loved and well working app so annoying that i actually avoid using spotify if i can.

Please and thank you.

I have a playlist with 400 songs and this "feature" is complete bull**bleep**. I can not actively control what song I want to be playing while driving because the playlist keeps jumping to the top if I take my hands off the phone or look at the GPS, or do ANYTHING AT ALL. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

@acpuma84 wrote:

Hi,

Just last week, I started playing my playlists, which has hundreds of songs while i was playing poker. While playing a song, if i want to choose a song to play right after, the playlist goes back to the top. This can be super annoying because if i have a song in mind while one is playing and the screen turns back, it doesn't stay to the original position and i have to scroll back down again. I have an Android HTC ONE. Please help

Thanks for your report. This will be fixed in the 4.1.0 release.

//Charlotta, QA at Spotify

This problem is back in the new version.

When I'm way down in a playlist, click on an artist and then click back to the playlist it doesn't go back to where I was before, but jumps back to the top and I have to scroll down again. Super annoying.

Yes happening to me too.

Happening to me on the desktop version now for two months. I should not have to use a program that makes me want to scream! You need to fix this immediately! I'm a paying premium member for two years and I seriously can't believe I'm paying for this incompetent programming.

It constantly does this for me on the Windows desktop version, too. Every time I want to have a look at the playlist, it jumps to the top and I have to scroll down through hundreds of tracks to find my position.

I also find it occasionally starts playing from the beginning of the playlist, especially if I am adding songs to the queue. I always have hundreds of tracks on my playlist, making this especially frustrating.

Same here, spotify you need to FIX THIS ASAP.

i just got my galaxy s8 and this is happening to me. ive been a premium member for years im very annoyed. if it doesnt get fixed ill be forced to find a different provider

I use Spotify in IOS and since the last update I have the same problem. 

It would be great if it gets fixed. 

Yip this is happening to me repeatedly. I am so sick of the endless glitches with spotify. They are primed for a mass migration as soon as a viable alternative comes along. PLEASE FIX THIS BEFORE GIVING US ANOTHER WORTHLESS AESTHETIC UPDATE!

Hi guys. Bearing in mind this seems to happen with large playlists, I suspect it is connected to the 100 track limit on the play queue. So you start a long playlist, the first 100 songs are added to the queue and selecting a track after position 100 will cause the issue you are seeing. There isn't a proper solution I can think of. You could clear the queue before selecting a new song or split large playlists but, probably, the best way forward is for one of you to post in the bugs or ideas section, linking bck to this thread. I recommend starting in the bugs section but they'll possibly claim this is not a bug but a "feature" in which case, move over to the ideas section.

Good luck!

I have always been queueing songs in my desired order of the list, even
blending song searches to the queue and other Playlist songs A more
personal flavor set by you!

This hasn't been an issue for me for a while so this is a bug imo. I'm not
a programmer but I can program and I know that squashing bugs can be like
playing whack-a-mole! It's been 'fixed' before. Fingers crossed it can be
fixed again.

Suggested posts