Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I renamed all my playlist about half a year ago. However, I noticed that my playlist will constantly switch between the old one and the new one (old being the playlist before I renamed it). This is extremely annoying as when it switches back to the old one, it won't have any of the new songs I added. This also happens on my desktop app for Spotify as well. 

2 Replies

Daisy
Spotify Legend

Hey @AChai8,

We'll look into this.

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. We know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked.

You could also check if you have a second account by following the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let us know the exact version of Spotify?

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

AChai8
Casual Listener

@Daisy wrote:

Hey @AChai8,

We'll look into this.

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. We know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked.

You could also check if you have a second account by following the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let us know the exact version of Spotify?

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

It still switches between the old and new one after restarting my phone (desktop as well). I've noticed that losing connection to Spotify will have it switch to the old one. 

Currently using Spotify version 8.5.21. 754

SUGGESTED POSTS