Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist synchronized only at normal quality level.

Playlist synchronized only at normal quality level.

I noticed today a lot of space free in my device, checking I noticed that the offline sync folder of Spotify is reduced to be 3,5 Gb instead usual 11 Gb. All playlist are there, available offline  and the quality selected is maximum as usual...

To perform a test I resynchronized the playlist once again at normal quality. The space occupied is exactly the same in both quality level. Also the music quality level looks to be the same (where was an evident difference before..).

Tried to uninstall  and install again but doesn’t help. I noticed the same issue also in my IOS device....

What is going on? Some issues on streaming and sync at maximum quality level?

4 Replies

This is interesting. Did you clear the cache from the options screen after undownloading and before resynching the playlist? What device and android version are you using?

Yes, this is what I did yesterday:

• delete cached data
  • uninstal the app
  • delete the complete spotify folder form SD (using ES file explorer)
  • restarted the device on bootloader
  • wipe the cache partition
  • restart the device
  • reinstall and resynchronize 

Not result.

The device is Samsung Tab3 10.1

Android version is 4.2.2

Spotify is 0.7.6.343

Small Update...

The device re download the playlist by itself, without any activity from me.

This time sound quality and the dimensions of the downloaded data looks to be consistent with the bit rate of 320 kb/s and the number of songs...  The folder is once again 11 GB.

Really can't explain my self the reason  for this......

Found out something more: if I make a clean installation and  go change the quality and after go directly to download the playlists the new quality setup is not taken in account and the playlist downloaded at normal quality. To have the playlist sincornized at maximum level I have to perform the setup of the quality, close spotify open again and only after start the download. In this way the playlists are downloaded correctly. 

Suggested posts