Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist won't stay in Downloaded playlists list

Playlist won't stay in Downloaded playlists list

I have been experiencing a problem with the latest Android app for the past month (I suspect the problem has been there since the latest version was released but I only just noticed it recently).

The problem is that any playlists downloaded (set to offline sync), since the upgrade to the latest Android App, don't stay in the Downloaded playlists list between re-launches of the app.

The the tracks in the playlists stay downloaded as if I click the download button again on a downloaded playlist that has disappeared from the Downloade playlists list, it syncs in under a second and moves back to the Downloaded playlists list. The problem is that I have to do this every time that the app is restarted.

Here is a specific playlist that has the problem described here...

Lundin-Draft

That playlist is not published, and I don't want to publish it. Anyway I'm sure you support people are able to access it without me publishing it.

p.s. I have also logged this as a support request via the contact form... Spotify Case # 00326604

4 Replies

I would just like to point out that this problem is still outstanding.

Sam tried to help, yesterday, by "tweaking" my playlists, but this just resulted in me losing lots of offline content and needing to resync.

The original problem is still the same as before. The playlist mentioned in my original post still disappears from the Downloaded playlists list each time the app is restarted.

I am having the same problem. Has this been fixed? And if not is there anything that we can do on our end?

I am facing this issue, too.

Spotify doesn't seem to care about their Android app users, so there's nothing we can do, except for quitting our subscriptions...

I had this problem so I uninstalled Spotify and then deleted the downloaded spotify files/folder from the phone.  This did the trick.

my files/android/spotify/

Hope this works for you!

Suggested posts