Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Android Car Stereo

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Having been forced to download Spotify to continue to listen to Joe Rogan's podcast I am having an issue where the current location of the podcast isn't remembered.

I came from google podcasts where it must update the status more regularly as it never seemed to be more than a few minutes out.

Spotify could be 15 + minutes out and so every time I get in and out the van I have to spend a while trying to find at what point I got to on the podcast.

I has gotten that bad that I have almost decided to not bother listening anymore after hearing the same 10 minutes plus of a podcast repeatedly.

I have tried pausing the podcast before turning the engine off but cannot seem to find a sensible solution.

3 Replies

Hi there @TheBlueMohawk,

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to the Community.

When you stop using Spotify halfway through a song or a podcast, it should remain where you stopped it the next time you open the app.

Also, when heading to the podcast profile and selecting the episode you were listening to, it should start where you left it.

If this isn't the case, try running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, could you try using the app directly from your phone by connecting it to your car (e.g. via Bluetooth or via cable) and seeing if that makes a difference?

Keep us posted! We'll be on the lookout.

No.  It's is the same.

I had a much longer reply but it wasn't logged in and gave an error after logging in which then deleted it.  

It's a client issue as per the multiple similar topics. 

Is there a way to force the app to save current location.  Stopping or pausing before turning off?

Hey @TheBlueMohawk,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to confirm - the issue come up only when using your Android Car Stereo, when you listen on your phone or pc, the timestamp is correct, right?

Could you let is know the make, model and OS version of the infotainment system? If you could test if connecting to the stereo with a different method ( Bluetooth, cable, etc..) brings about the same behavior, we'd really appreciate it. If you have the option to give it a go with a friend or family members account, that would also help the troubleshooting a lot.

Keep us posted, we’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts