Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast starts at the bottom

Podcast starts at the bottom

Hey Everyone,

everytime i open one particular podcast it starts me at the very first episode. And i have to scroll upwards to the newest one. This is really unconvinient as this podcast has over 160 episodes, so scrolling up takes quite a while.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Thank you for your time 🙂

7 Replies

I have a related issue: my favourite podcast starts somewhere in some episode that's been left half played months ago (that happens even if I listen to it every day) 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Would you mind letting us know your device's make, model, OS version and Spotify version? 

Also, is this happening with all podcasts or any specific one?

Let us know how it goes. We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Smartphone: Sony Xperia XZ1 compact

Spotify version: 8.5.93.445

It looks the issue doesn't depend on the specific podcast. 

This is what happens, apparently: Spotify takes all the "played but uncompleted" tracks on the podcast and puts itself on the oldest one. As I've played 300+ clips, there are many left at halftime, so I always have to scroll up until the latest episode. 

Hey there @roddikx,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

It would also be great if you can log in with your account on another mobile device - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you provide us with a screen recording so we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I cannot uninstall it. I can only deactivate it. It looks that it's been
installed by default in the OS.

Hey @roddikx

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing when you're trying to reinstall the app? Make sure to follow the specific steps @Jeremy sent. 

Also, could you ask a friend to log in to their account in your phone to check if the issue persists?

We'll be waiting for your reply 🙂 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I also have been dealing with this same issue for months. I had a Galaxy S20fe and recently switched over to a S23. I was hoping a new phone would fix it but it did not. The point at which it starts has moved almost to the top but as new episodes are added the start point remains the same.

Suggested posts