Podcasts glitching

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(Android phone)

Operating System

My Question or Issue

My podcastes are skipping like a scratched CD. It's just podcasts (music is fine), but every single one, even if it's downloaded my phone. only other question I found like this was from 2012 and recommended turning off gapless playback and another feature which I did, but that didn't do anything. I've also tried logging out and logging in again, and restarting my phone. Still nothing

11 Replies

Hey @Queenofthedas! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That sounds weird.

Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

That usually does the trick.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Hi @Nico and thank you both for your advice and your warm welcome 🙂

Unfortunately my podcasts continue to refuse to work 😞

Same problem here since a week.

Restarting, reinstalling etc. didn't help. Music is fine, Podcast sounds like a scratched CD. Doesn't matter if downloaded or not, old or new....

Same issue. Is this not yet solved?

Android. Spotify version 8.5.72.800

I am having this issue as well. It plays just fine if connected to Bluetooth (have tried car, speaker, and Barbuda; all work) but otherwise it sounds exactly as described, a scratched CD. I've restarted my phone and uninstalled and reinstalled the app, no change.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

We're looking into this currently and would really appreciate it if could share the following info:

• Device make, model and OS version
  • Spotify version
  • Country/region of your account
  • Does this happen only on one specific device or on all your devices.
  • Does this happen if a friend plays the same podcast episode.

For now we'd suggest performing a clean reinstall and setting your streaming quality settings to Low and see if that makes a difference.

It'd also be very helpful if you can attach a short clip, with sound, from a part of the podcast where this is happening, as well as the URI or link to the podcast episode.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've been having this problem for a few weeks. It happens with all podcasts I have tried so far (but not with music).

-My phone is an LG Q6

-Spotify version 8.5.73.824

-Only happens on my phone - podcasts play fine on computer

I have restarting my phone, fully deleting and reinstalling the Spotify app, and reducing the streaming settings to low, none of which changed anything.

Here's a link to a specific podcast this has occurred with (although it's so far happened with all podcasts I've tried to listen to on my phone): spotify:episode:6KrTdQZC5IOptP6b5z8Alv

Attached is an audio file of what the glitching sounds like.

I am having the same problem. Music plays fine. However, every podcast is garbled and cannot be listened to.

I tried a clean reinstall using the instructions you suggested. It did not work.

It has been like this for 3-4 weeks. It happened once previously approximately 6 months ago but fixed itself. This time it has persisted. I hope there will be a fix as there doesn't seem any point in paying for a Spotify subscription if podcasts do not work.

Device make, model and OS version: LG Stylo 4, LM-Q710TS, Android 8.1.0
Spotify version: 8.5.75.766
Country/region of your account: USA
Does this happen only on one specific device or on all your devices: Only on my LG Stylo Android Phone
Does this happen if a friend plays the same podcast episode: No, it works fine on my computer

Hey there @1146280641 and @MattCatt,

Thank you for your replies and the information you've provided.

In this case we suggest that you perform a reinstall of the app since we launched a new version of Spotify for both IOS and Android. You can switch on automatic updates of Spotify to make sure you'll have the newest version by following these steps that's provided on our support site.

If the issue persists - we recommend you to try the following:

• Connect to another internet connection
  • Log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye open for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks so much, Elena! It works great now!

Hi Elena,

The issue Is still happening. I'm using a pixel 3a with Android 11. I have installed the latest version of the Spotify app.

I'm from Argentina and the same issue happens with my wifes phone (also android).

I realized it happens after a while of listening the podcast with the screen off. Somehow when the screen Is back on the glitch dissapears.

Could you please take a look at it? It's really frustrating.

Thanks in Advance,

Nicolás

Suggested posts