Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts, music, play/pause, disconnecting heaephones and randomly stopping playback

Podcasts, music, play/pause, disconnecting heaephones and randomly stopping playback

Plan

Premium

Country Finland

Device

Oneplus 6

Operating System

Oxygen os 10.3.10

My Question or Issue

1.podcast are glitching all the controls. I cannot control playback through headphones nor lock screen.

2. Last played thing (podcast or music) freezes on "now playing" on the bottom of the screen. If podcast was last played there is only +15/-15 sec buttons.. play/pause is acting weird.

3. When headphones are disconnected playback keeps going on phone speaker.

4. Playback randomly stops evere few minutes and only way to continue is to go into app and press glitched buttons.

I have already logged out, reinstalled the app deleting cache and all the memory concerning the app. Restarted device etc.

I am getting really frustrated being so big fan and longtime user of the app and with 1b downloads having this kind of issues.. The only job for the app is to play content, but it is failing it royally. 😞

Please help me! Thank you!

I have screen captures, but they are too big to insert here..

3 Replies

Screenshot_20210527-195033.jpg

 there is actually music playing while taking this screenshot. I have to press play button twice to pause. +15 skips to next track. Playback pauses every couple of minutes...

Screenshot_20210527-195658.jpg

 music playing, but no controls on lockscreen.

Hey there @fefefefee2ee22e,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

As a first step, try running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If the issues persist, could you try logging in to your account on a different phone and let us know how it behaves there?

Regarding the music continuing through the phone speaker when headphones are disconnected, that's dependent on the device's firmware and it isn't something that Spotify can control.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts