Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts play back speed too slow

Solved!

Podcasts play back speed too slow

Android 7.0

Since 1 or 2 weeks, I cannot listen to podcasts anymore: the playback speed is like 0.5 of the normal rate (really slow).

Music streams fine.

What can I do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Reinstall did it, thank you.

Hay!
I have the same problem... Tried restarting and reinstalling twice, none worked...
It happens on some podcasts on android and on some on PC (not always the same ones...)

Hey there @Silderoy

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Just to confirm, have you followed these specific steps to reinstall the app on your devices?

On another note, would you mind trying with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Lastly, could you let us know if the issue started happening after a specific event such as an update?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Followed steps linked above to clear storage/cache, uninstall, restart, & reinstall: problem persists.

Hi there @mrwitte,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

First of all, make sure the playback speed from 'Now playing view' is set to 1x. You can check more info about how this works in this article. On another note, if this is happening when you play podcasts on a specific device, such as an Amazon Echo, you can keep yourself updated on this thread, as this is something that's already been reported, and the relevant is currently investigating.

If the behavior you're experiencing is different, send over more info and we'll see what we can suggest.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Came back to say "After fiddling with this more I believe this may be an Echo Dot-related issue" but you beat me to it! Podcast speed is fine just on my phone with headphones, only slow when I'm listening through the Echo. Next time I dive in on this I'll start with the links you posted here and report back

Hi @mrwitte,

Thanks for your reply. 

If you're still experiencing this behavior, we'd recommend going to that thread and posting the model of your device along with a few examples of podcast episodes you've experienced this with. That way we can send the info to the relevant team. 

If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts