Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] won't play over cellular data.

[Podcasts] won't play over cellular data.

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

LG g7 thinQ

Operating System

Android 9

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

Simply put, podcasts won't play over cellular data. Every other playlist, song or album can be streamed no problem instantly. Already closed the app, restarted phone, tested internet connection in Spotify and other apps and have 90+ Gb of free space, but still podcasts over cellular data won't play. I can even listen the same podcast on other platforms all right. The moment wifi is turned on and connected, podcasts are played again with no issues. 

4 Replies

Hey there @Vicfendan3

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This change tends to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also good that you tested if the same happens under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Hello Ivan

Thank you for your reply!Y I've tried clean reinstalling and it works for a few days before going back to not working. Maybe I've noticed that if I don't have downloaded music it works faster. I'm reluctant to do a clean reinstall once every few days because I'd have to redownload all my music which takes several hours and bandwidth. 

As of your other recommendation, on any wifi network, podcasts work no problem. It is only when I'm on my carrier's celular data and trying to stream podcasts when the issue arises. Streaming music still works lightning fast. I highly doubt that my carrier would block any content, and if it did I don't think they would differentiate between music and podcasts particularly for this app.

Hello,

could you solve this issue? I’ve been trying everything, I used the clean reset method, I’ve reset the cellular data, and I still have the exact same issue that You have. I wonder if You’ve found any working solutions

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread and for the troubleshooting you've done so far. We just came across it.

We're sorry to hear that you're having issue with playback while using your cellar data. Let's take a closer look into this together. 

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

As a next step we can recommend that you check the phone's battery settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using the battery optimization option.

If the above doesn't do the trick, can you have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member as this will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts