Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account but not able to play downloaded tracks offline

Premium account but not able to play downloaded tracks offline

Hi

This question is really directly to Spotify support but I couldn't see a way of contacting them other than here.

I have an Asus Transformer Prime running Android 4.0.3 and the latest version of Spotify with a Spotify Premium account.

Offline mode doesn't play my downloaded tracks saying (incorrectly) that my license has expired so I do the following:

1. I uninstall Spotify from the tablet.

2. I reinstall using the latest software and put my account credentials in.

3. I download a few tracks for offline listening (my tablet doesn't have a 3g capability so this is the only way I can listen using the device if I am mobile).

4. The device tells me I only have 29 days left to listen to the tracks and need to go online.

5. I go online immediately for an hour or so.

6. I switch spotify to offline mode and it tells me I only have 29 days left to go online.

7. After 29 days, Spotify tells me offline listening is disabled as my license has run out.

8. It hasn't and that's why I'm paying for Premium.

9. I need to start from to step 1 above and download everything again.

Sounds like a critical software bug to me with pretty harsh commerical consequences, that by the looks of it through searching, quite a few people experience and haven't solved. Or am I particularly unlucky.

Spotify suport, what steps should I take so I can use my premium subscription offline on my Android tablet?

Thanks

3 Replies

Hi there.

You need to go online at least once every thirty days so that spotify can check that you really are still a premium subscriber. Is that not working? There were some issues with the Asus Prime - not sure if this was one of the previously known ones though
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Yes. Going online (step 5) makes no difference. Spotify doesn't accept my premium account on the transformer prime. Same account is fine on my galaxy s3 though. I've only just got the s3 and have always had the problem on my transformer prime.

It.must accept your premium account to start with or it wouldn't let you download and use the tracks for that 29 days. Must be an issue with Prime itself (not yours - just Spotify's support for it).
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Suggested posts